Friday, August 12, 2005

Who is Vivian Stephens?

I'm a huge Monica Jackson fan. Let's get that upfront. I rush to meet her when I see her signing books, one to see what's up and another to just say hi to a wonderful writer and first class lady. This year was no different.

One of the blogs I read is Monica's, and she recently mentioned in one of her blogs that Vivian Stephens was overlooked at this year's Rita & Golden Heart awards in Reno, so I thought I'd make mention of it here as well.

Pioneers are always fun to meet and read about, and Stephens was one of Kathryn Falk's contributors when Falk first wrote her best-selling "How To Write A Romance and Get It Published" that has now evolved into a bit of a longer title and has gone through several incarnations, but it's still the same great how-to book for wanna be romance authors.

There's one chapter in Falk's book that usually (I don't have the new one) deals with the process a book goes through once it is purchased, and this information is good for anyone dealing with a NY publishing house.

Monica Jackson writes sassy, upbeat, powerful women's fiction with characters that are anything but Teflon - these stick with you. No, I'm not on her payroll or one of her buddies - just thought I'd make mention of her and Ms. Stephens, both of whom have contributed a great deal of inspiration to me over the years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Blogger THIS! Christine said...

I've read Monica for a few months now, but I just recentlu learned of Vivian from rwaorg. It's a fascinating story... actually I think the whole inception of RWA would make a great movie... know anyone with screenplay experience, nudge nudge, wink wink.

X

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

oh, yeah...me and clint eastwood could handle this one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks