Thursday, February 02, 2006

Quirky Contemplations


So I've remembered my philosophy on religion - there is a Higher Power, and I'm not it. While I'm not sure if His/Her name is George, Mother Earth, Buddah, God, or Allah, I'm fairly certain that the job has been filled by someone else who wants it, leaving me free to do my own thang, which is what else? Write.

I've been waiting a 'few' weeks on 3 edits that may or may not surface any time soon, or when they do, will hit me all at once (which is what I expect will happen). How about the other children of the mind awaiting birth? The 'bun in the oven' is a 100k word maintream erotic novel. I've tried to curb her growth as such, but she insists that is her destiny. Her siblings, already born and awaiting completion are beginning to make me feel like the old woman in the shoe.

One sister, in infancy, was born to be an erotic vixen who will have many adventures, conquer all her fears, and help save her country. I'm pretty sure she's destined for Smuts R Us as an action figure doll at some point. Her twin sister hasn't matured as quickly, but her life seems destined for a similar path. I've tried grooming them as Bombshell babes for Harlequin's Bombshell line, but I'm losing the battle.

There's a mainstream that calls out for attention, older characters returning to college, having to share quarters. That one is a lot of fun, but I never seem able to devote enough time to it.

Oh, geez, and I have committed to having a completed one done and submitted by end of month that is so far only an outline.

Just completed a novella that is part of an anthology with fellow bat friends who have also sold to this company. We're awaiting a decision as to whether or not it's wanted. If not, we have Plan B and Plan C and Plan D...

The three edits I'm waiting on are on two separate erotic novels (as in different publishers) and a mainstream novel. The submissions that aren't purchased that I'm waiting word on are two erotic novellas, a mainstream novel, and a chick lit mystery.

If you're doing the math, that makes 3 more that sold, of which I'm awaiting edits, 4 that are completed and submitted on which I'm waiting the "yay or nay", 3 current WIPs, and 2 in the planning stages. Not like I need to look far in order to find something to do.

Anyway, gist of this is that I'm glad someone else is God. I'm having enough difficulty just being me. Here is a link that has kept me entertained during the moments of indecision or times of stress:

This one is easy to do...but I can't figure out how it works. All you do is pick any two digit number (48) add those numbers together (4 + 8 = 12), then subtract from the original number(48 - 12 = 36). Look up the answer (36) stare at the symbol next to the number then click on the glass ball.....really strange how this works!

http://trunks.secondfoundation.org/files/psychic.swf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Phew. I'm glad someone else is God, too.

You simply don't have time!

Good luck on the stuff submitted, the edits and the stuff all done!

Dang, you're busy!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I can't imagine being God. SheHe must have a Hell of a staff - ahem. Well, you know what I mean.

HeSheGod - I tend to think there isn't really any difference, and if there is a God he/she is probably wondering what all the fuss is about all the different religions worshiping the same diety and fighting with each other.
Or maybe HisHer secretaries havn't gotten around to writing the report yet. I can just hear them now -

Jacob - "Samuel, how do you spell Nebuchanezzar?"

Samuel - "Huh? Where are you?"

Jacob - "Babylon. I'm writing a report for God and there's this king there, see..."

Samuel - "I really think we're falling behind on this."

Jacob - "I know, but he wants everything in triplicate, written with goose quills on papyrus. You'd think we'd have gotten Macs by now..."

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

if there is a God he/she is probably wondering what all the fuss is about all the different religions worshiping the same diety and fighting with each other YES!

And to think, Merry, this time last year we wondered when we'd complete the one WIP we were on and worried where we might submit it.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Melany said...

Yeah I'm glad someone else is God too.

Good luck on everything. You have a lot of irons in the fire.

Lany

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks