Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Still Here

I'm just not up to par. For those who have been emailing, IM'ing, etc...still sick but doing better. For those who watch the blog (ha - what blog? - I'm rarely here), SORRY...I really have had good intentions.
*
Just found out a favorite cousin passed away. She was the poker-playin'-est, hair-dressing-est, most loveable, laugh-with-able, engaging person you could meet. Cost five bucks an ante just to join in the family poker games, and she was one of the reaons - she was good. Her mama taught me bathroom etiquette when I was a little bitty girl, and Emma Ruth taught me people etiquette years later.
*
God bless, Emma Ruth. Know you were loved.
*
My kids are still gone on vacation, so I'm here by myself, and all I've done for a solid week is sleep, tend to the dogs, watch courtroom dramas or true crime, and eat soup. I've had Tuscan chicken, chicken & noodle, bean with bacon, minestrone, you name it - I'm about 'souped out', but it's all helped.
*
The weather is cool, the cold or flu bug seems ready to bid me adieu (please, Lord, let it be soon - lol), and I have caught up on edits and art sheets and all that good stuff on all but one book...just have edits to do on that one. Am brainstorming on a romantic suspense and hope to be at least a third into it before the kids return this coming weekend.
*
Then we'll have a few days together before the quarterly doctor's visits and an upcoming trip to the lake with friends. I missed the last one with 'the girls', so am looking forward to this one. Yeah, it'll be a little cool, and we can't swim, but... *grin* A bit of booze, lots of laughter, maybe some card games, walks around the lake, and critiquing, but if I can shake this respiratory thang that has me down, I'm-a-goin'.
*
Hugs, everyone. Stay well.
*
~ Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks