Sunday, September 13, 2009

Friends With Flowers

Camped out at Casa Carol's this weekend with her stud muffin maltapoo. Last weekend when I house-sat and pup-sat, I did 7000 words in a weekend and finished all but the last chapter of a m/m novella for Loose Id. This weekend I completed the manuscript I hadn't worked on at home and did little else other than play with Dudley and admire the flowers. Well, I shared emails with other writers while I was here. All in all, it was a good, relaxing weekend, despite how it started, with a sick pooch.






The friends all shared a common ailment--writers' block or even simply lack of motivation. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's something more serious. But I told one of them that I feel sometimes we become more involved in our lives than our writing, which can't be such a bad thing. We pay more attention to our health or that of a loved one, we reflect upon what we've done and what we haven't, and we do a bit of self-analyzing and re-directing, determine what's to be done next or what road to take when there's a fork.






Hope this finds the rest of you in good spirits and good health if you're contemplating such things. For me, it's been good to kick back and simply BE, to enjoy myself, to give thanks for what and whom I have in my life, and to look forward to things I have yet to do.






Hugs,



Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger BellaStarlette said...

e-mail me at kitkat12951@yahoo.com
or click http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=bobbie+cole&init=quick#/home.php?ref=home


or facebook type in Kathy d. Herrington

PLEASE

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

sent you an email again - AGAIN - lol - have tried reconnecting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks