Saturday, October 29, 2005

The Write Snark


Well...I read it, does that count??? I tried to write horror once. It was pathetic--even I laughed. Only thing scary was the attempt.







It's The Write Snark. www.cafepress.com/thewritesnark


A friend of mine--another writer, of course--has a mixed penchant for cartooning, snarkism, and humor. Since I am currently trying to decide which coffee mug to order (it takes a huge frickin' tee-shirt to cover these boobs, so I'm goin' with the coffee mug), I thought I'd share my choices as I narrow the selection:


I wrote last week that I wished I had a talent for cartooning, and wham - Rinda sends me her designs to peruse. Oh, well, if I can't do it, I'm glad someone else can. Every writer needs a great coffee mug or tee shirt that expresses how she feels in the moment. My problem is that I'm a writer, a tad schitzo...my moods swing.

If any of the rest of you are artists, first let me say that I despise you, second that I bow to your greatness, and third...where can I get hooked up?


Decisions, decisions. This is her way of getting back at me for using her name in an erotic romance novel coming out in a few days with Liquid Silver Books.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

13 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

You know it's just to get you back! You even married me to my long time buddy!

Thanks so much for posting my silly writer shirts and mugs! You are a true friend.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Oh, I think they're adorable!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Heheheh...too funny.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Kris Starr said...

Ooo! I luuurve the blonde at the end. Looks a lil' like me, don't it?? *innocent blink*

Not to mention I like the message... Heh heh.

{{{hugs}}} How's my Sunny Lyn??

K.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Kris Starr said...

ps. I can't draw, either. And I wish to hell I could... *sigh*

I can do a number of other things - heh - but we always want what we can't have, right?

Okay, I'm shutting up now and taking me big mouth outta here...

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Kris, you're so sweet. I'm great. Alone. Procrastinating. But great. (grin) And aren't those a HOOT? The blonde does resemble you - ha ha. 'Specially her comment. *wink*

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Those are just too cute!!!!!!

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Look at all the cute pictures! My favorite is the I Write Horror one. She looks really pissed. :-D

Tanya

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I'd be honored if you'd use my name in an erotic romance, so long as the character isn't that nice, sexless guy whom every woman is friends with and no one but no one will date.

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

I loved that horror one! - I ROFL every time I look at it.

I thought of MOST of my writer friends when I saw the Snarky & Proud and the Need Coffee. Maybe I just see myself.

Douglas, you shall indeed be a sex god. Ask K how she feels about being the vixen in the story. (grin)

Rinda is an amazing lady - talented in so many respects. Can't wait until she sells her 1st book. She recently sold her 1st short story to a magazine, and they were so impressed that they asked her to sign at an author day where everyone else was signing books. (This past weekend, as a matter of fact.)

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, ya'll, and thanks for taking a look at her handiwork.

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger THIS! Christine said...

I like the suspiciously psychotic look on 'it's the voices' mug. Did I get the right quote? meh.. it said something like that.

X

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

My story didn't make the issue in time for last weekend's book festival. I did sit there and greet people tho. The magazine is talking about meeting me at the OWFI conference next year with many copies of my issue for a signing then. It's such a good magazine-- Intelligent horror- no slasher stuff and they're keeping it PG13 so teens can enjoy the creepy stories. Oh, it's called Surreal and I'll be in the next issue. I can't wait to see the art done for the story. The art is fantastic-- especially the cover art.

Now Lyn, I love your writing but I'll admit to being a tad nervous about reading myself in an erotic story. I think my husband is looking forward to it tho. grin

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Oh and thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm seriously not an artist, just a smart ass. I made a t-shirt for myself and had a bunch of people ask about it, so I thought I'd share. I love nothing better than wearing a silly, comfy sweatshirt when I'm stuck in my chilly office writing.

Thanks so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks