Sunday, October 02, 2005

Bragging Rights




I'll level with you - I pretty much got my ass kicked this morning, and for a reason. As a writer, the part of the biz that I hate to do is self-promotion. I haven't had my reviews posted anywhere on my blog or on the website that I still don't know how to run. Then I did some thinking. Several reviewers did me the courtesy of taking the time to read my books. They gave up precious time that they could have spent on someone else's material, and they gave me a boost. The least I can do is post their words:

RC and April are wonderful characters with complex personalities. It is fascinating to watch the interaction between them as they unravel the truth behind their current situation. Their relationship progresses at a realistic pace. The sex scenes are so hot and steamy that I would not have been surprised to see steam rise from the pages. I needed a cold shower after reading them. The book has prominent BDSM elements that are sure to please readers who enjoy the BDSM genre. The cruise ship setting is nicely described and befitting to the storyline. The plotline kept my eyes riveted to the pages until the very last word was read. Ms. Cash has penned a tale of love, lust, and BDSM that many are sure to enjoy. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys stories of dominance and submission. Kinky Kruising: Mistress Mine is most definitely a keeper!

~~Susan White - Reviewer for Karen Find Out About New Books & Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance

Praise for the writing of Lyn Cash, Kinky Kruising: Mistress Mine

The sensual elements of the story show the explosive heat that occurs between two strong people who have an immediate attraction and all that's needed to feed the attraction is time. I will be reading this book again and again and again. I recommend it to everyone.

~~ Ellen, The Romance Story

Mistress Mine is an entertaining premise with a lighter BDSM flair. Its a welcomed first effort by Ms. Cash.

~~ Ann Lee, Just Erotic Romance Reviews

When picking up this book my first thought was “wow, two of my favorite subjects- cowboys and BDSM together in one book, how perfect. Mistress Mine more than lives up to my expectations, I loved the interactions between the characters during RC’s ‘vacation’ and the emotional attachment I could feel for them both. However, Lyn Cash did something I hadn’t expected, she made the characters more than just a Dominatrix and her temporary submissive, she brings them to life as real people with real problems and feelings. While I admit, I loved the sexiness of all the antics that went on during the cruise and time on the island, I adored getting to know RC and April through their vulnerabilities that come through in the pages. Mistress Mine has that perfect blend of love, laughter, and sadness that keeps you engrossed in the pages and leaves you with a sense of awe and light-heartedness.

~~ Chrissy, Euro-Reviews
.

From the bottom of my terrified, grateful heart, I thank the reviewers whose words meant so much. And I thank the woman who kicked my butt and reminded me that it's up to me to take charge of my own promotion. Thanks, Carla.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Hey Lyn,

Yay, you're blogging again! I think I took a mental vacation last week to reassess my situation and plans as well. Woohoo on posting the reviews!

Smooches,
Dee

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good on ya, Suns! Those are fab reviews!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger THIS! Christine said...

what wonderful Reviews, Lyn. I hope you're floating on air, you deserve to be (between writing books that is).

Way to go, doll.

X

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Lyn those reviews are fantastic (and well deserved)!!! Congrats!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Lyn,

These were GREAT reviews. Wow. Congratulations, lady. You must be pleased as punch! :-)

Tanya

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunny,

You're going great guns gal! So proud of your success! Keep it up!

Huggles,
Donica

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lyn!

I didn't really kick your butt, but you're very welcome. Thank you for acknowledging me. It makes me all warm and fuzzy. :)

Carla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks