Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Life


It's been difficult for me to tear myself away from the television the past few days. I've been worried about a fellow writer, but heard earlier via email from another friend that she made it out of the gulf coast in time to avoid Katrina. She and her family are fine, and she has her laptop & work with her, even though they have no electricity where she is. Her house back on the gulf is under 7' of water, but she's safe.

I've heard so many excuses lately as to why people don't write, and I feel for these folks. Really, I do. But writers' block, ill health, acts of God, and unforseen circumstances can't kill our creative spirits. We aren't in charge of the things that happen to us, but we're able to act instead of react when things don't go our way. I can't help but smile when I think of this lady, because I know her spirit, her determination, her vivacity and her passion for her family, her writing, and life in general. Sheri will be back with a vengeance that Katrina can't squelch or bury. I pray that each of you reading this will be infused with a new zest for your craft, that your soul will burn for new life during hard times. No matter what your situation, there will always be someone worse off that you can help, someone ahead of you who may grasp your hand and say 'here...let me help, and you can return the favor sometime when I need it most'.

Start your week off with a free and happy spirit if you can. Tell yourself that you can do whatever needs to be done...not just something, but what needs to be done. (Thanks, Mom, for that unsolicited bit of advice all those years ago.)

...and happy writing,
~ Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks