Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Chills & Thrills



I wanted to blog about my friend Alex's new book, but then I got these photos (and others) from a fellow Keep-My-Ass-On-The-Ground friend and thought they'd make a great lead-in.



Can you imagine the thrills & terror of this ride??? With a record-breaking height of 420-feet and record-breaking speed of 120 mph, Top Thrill Dragster delivers on its promise of thrilling riders this summer at Cedar Point, Ohio. And the following photo says it ALL to me.


For a safer ride where if you relieve yourself it'll just be pissing yourself laughing, take a look at this cute novella:

12 Nights of Christmas: Santa’s Feast
by Alexis Flemingcover art by Bryan Keller
ISBN: 978-1-59596-274-4
Genre(s): Sci-Fi
Theme(s): Christmas
Length: Novella (12k - 28k words)

Alex's book debuts on December 2nd, and you can order it directly at the Changeling Press website, or visit Alex’s personal site.

Alex's daughter, Kelly Ethan, is also a writer, and I can't wait to read some of that girl's offerings...she's a real chip off the ole block, as they say. I get to meet Kelly in Atlanta next July. If her mother and I are such great friends and cut up the way we do at our age when we're together, I'm sure Kelly is gonna age me considerably.

As for my own news, I've heard that I'm finally about to receive a much-needed and long-awaited contract from one of my publisher's, and I've just returned the art cover information for the mainstream Samhain purchased a few weeks ago, so...back to writing and rewriting for me. Have a great day, all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

You know, there was a time when I was a lot younger where I'd step over bodies to get at a roller coaster. Now you couldn't pay me. And the one you've posted makes me want to run for the hills just looking at it. LOL!

Tanya

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Merry said...

I would have done worse in my pants...no way. NEVER.

That said, Lex's book looks yummy and glad to hear that contract FINALLY came in!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Oh. My. Gawd!! That would so definitely be me in the photo, except for the fact that I’m sure I’d never make it off the ride alive. I’m “Daisy the Super Chicken” when it comes to being any higher than a stepladder, and even that’s pushing it for me! LOL

Congrats on your forthcoming contract, Lyn!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Alex's book cover . . . that's quite a stocking-stuffer ;o)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

I can't get past that picture! Poor girl. I would never. Ever. Get on those rides.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

I know - gaawwd is right. Maybe in my younger years, but even then never something like this.

Cracking up on Doug's comment - Lex said earlier this week that Santa looked like he was severely ball restricted, said his pants were too high. Your comment made me think of 1st time friends took me to a male strip club here called La Bare's - was my birthday. And one of the guys actually had stuffed a sock in his pants that fell out during his jiggling. He was also wearing invisible braces. Somehow killed the entire mood he was goin' for, but it was a great laugh...just difficult to suppress until we were away from him.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jordan Summers said...

That ride looks terrifying. That poor, poor girl. Bless her heart. How humiliating. Congrats on the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks