Saturday, November 19, 2005

Something To Sing About

AaaaaaaavvveeeeeMaaaarreeeeeeeeeeeiiiiaaaaaa...

Okay, so it's Ave Maria, but the eeeee just works better here. I sold a mainstream novel today to Samhain Publishing. Title is Leaving Mama, and I have no clue when it'll debut but will keep everyone posted. All I'm fairly certain of is that it won't be published under Lyn Cash. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure that Nora Roberts and Stephen King have already been taken. *wink*

My friend Lex talked me into submitting this one. Otherwise, it probably would have sat a long, long time while I stewed on whether or not to do this or that with it. But thanks to an insightful friend, "Mama" has a home with an ambitious new publisher that seems like a winner. Hope so.

One of the greatest assets any writer can have is friends. Another is a great critique group. The past year has been a blessing on all fronts. My friend Carla displayed the cover of Star Struck at her yahoo group, Toot-Books yesterday, where I suppose it'll grace the home page for a couple of days. That was really sweet of her. The Belfry Collective has been instrumental (and that's an understatement) in even getting me published this year. Friend and fellow Belfrite Merry Stahel has gone so far as to make prizes for my author days. All of the Belfrites at one time or another this year have donated their time and energy to reading and critiquing my work.

Rinda sent me a wonderful notebook and coffee mug from The Write Snark earlier in the week, and I think of her every morning when I make my coffee. Liz fed me toast and coffee then took me to Borders today, where I picked up a nifty bag of their Holiday brew. Diane read my first chapter attempt at a paranormal and gave it a thumbs up. Sherri, my editor at Loose Id, sent me some promotional information to give me marketing pointers and help with sales.

I know, I know...Christmas and New Year's aren't here yet, but I'm counting a few blessings early. Sometimes life is really, really hard, and crap happens we can't control. Then there are those perfect little slice of life moments that keep us going. This is one of those nights for me, so I'm singing with a full heart.

Thanks, all...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

**I know, I know...Christmas and New Year's aren't here yet, but I'm counting a few blessings early. Sometimes life is really, really hard, and crap happens we can't control. Then there are those perfect little slice of life moments that keep us going. This is one of those nights for me, so I'm singing with a full heart.**

And you sound like a cheerful canary! YOU GO, GIRLFRIEND! Congrats!!

Carla, also thanking you for the free TOOT-BOOKS plug. :)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Congratualtions Babe!!!!!!

Is the book so different that you HAVE to use a different pen name? Raine and I have recently had this same discussion and my take is this. If it were print publishing Maybe I could see using two names for mainstream and erotica but I think we have to work so hard to get our name out there in epublishing, that having to promote two names just undermines us. I mean it's so hard to build a following anyway......

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Aw, thanks, everyone! Yeah, Cece, it's print this time and mainstream to boot. It will come out as ebook form 1st then go into print probably six months later.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Hmmm...and Hemingway, Salinger, Joyce, Twain and Harte are taken too!

Howzabout a variation on your Cherokee name? Coupled with a descriptive such as "Farsong" because you came a far distance physcially and mentally to be able to sing about your blessings now...

Just a thought!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Congratulations, Lyn. What a nice present for the holidays!

 
At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm LATE, durn it! But I'm still gonna say what I want to say:

CONGRATULATIONS, LYN!!! :-D

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Hm, Mer' - you may be on to something. Raine - THANKS! And Doug (shaking head here and the rest of me quivering) gotta love that "man titty" pose of yours. Hubba, hubba. A man with brains AND pecs...(swoon)...

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! "Mainstream", how fitting. I giggled when I first read that thinking that you would think I would find that appropriate. I'm thrilled for you and look forward to seeing this book in print. I miss you terribly and find myself ashamed that I missed your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! Much love and best wishes.
Sylvia

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Oh, wow, my dear friend Sylvia has visited! (I borrowed Sylvia's name for a character in the mainstream that recently sold. Before we met IRL years later, we first said hello in the Baby Boomer Chat Room of AOL on Christams Eve 1995 (?). Remind me to blog about Sylvia and her many talents some day *wink*.)

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sale! May we all have sales next year (okay, so I'm early with that wish but why not?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks