Friday, December 02, 2005

A Lovin' Spoonful


Did you ever have to finally decide
Say yes to one and let the other one ride
There's so many changes and tears you must hide
Did you ever have to finally decide?

Well, I have, and the older I get, the easier it becomes. You see, I've learned that I'm a better writer when I let the muse take a chill pill and allow myself some down time.

I've learned the value in a good cup of coffee, the delights in burned fudge, cookies, & cakes (they make great biscotti when they're burned just right and not too hard to cut with a knife), and the importance of nesting within my own mind. It's not as scary a place as it used to be.

I've sent this one to Kate already but thought I'd post it here as well since I haven't heard back from her as to whether or not she's using it, but...Mark Fiore is a talented artist & writer you might like to visit if you haven't. Check out "While You Were Sleeping" (aka "Slumberland) - lol.

One of the "bats" from eharlequin.com's "bat cave" thread has a new website and blog. Nell Dixon writes for Moonlit Romance--her 1st novel debuts next summer. I've corresponded with Nell off and on the past couple of years, and a more delightful lady can't be found. Her blog is new, and looks like she'll occasionally have information for writers on how-to if you'd like some new material.

Daisy Dexter Dobbs, a new visitor to Lyn's Licks & Laughs yesterday, is someone else you'd love to read. Her post on the old ladies at Weight Watchers had me in stitches. She's one of those sassy writers of women's fiction that easily mixes erotic pleasures with tons of laughs. Check out Polly’s Perilous Pleasures.

If you like coffee plus a good read, The History of Folgers is pretty interesting. Of course, my favorite coffee for years has been Java Dave's Snickerdelicious Whole Bean (I grind my own, thank you, because I think it keeps better).

I have a tradition now and then where I like to indulge on the cheap--my gifts sometimes to and from my friends are shared recipes. You are more than welcome to share yours at Lyn’s Licks & Laughs Recipes. The place is brand spankin' new, no decorations as yet, but for those of you who'd like to share your favorites, I'd consider it a real pleasure this year if you'd gift me with something special you enjoy making, drinking, or eating. THANK YOU in advance. I'll link that blog to this one later today for those who'd like some time to think about it and revisit.

No, it's not writing per se, but 'taking a gander', as my granny used to say, at something new will often recharge the emotional batteries and kick start the writing. A lovin' spoonful of nourishment for the brain, if you will.

My last good news of the week is that Star Struck, my 1st publication with Liquid Silver Books, just got its first review, a 5 out of 5 ribbons from reviewer Connie Spears with Romance Junkies.

For those of you who wanted a brief listing of writers articles from this blog, here are a few:

Drop Your Pants - on knowing when to release a book that's not working
Higher Designs - on knowing when to keep a book despite the obstacles
Make Friends With Fear - how to combat self-destructive thought processes
In Praise of Age - the importance of layering
Mama’s Quilts - framing a story, getting it to fit within its design

There are worse ways to spend your time than stressing over what can't be done. I’ll leave you with this little tidbit from a fellow writer. It’s for all those of you who actually like to enjoy the holidays and despise the bah-hum-buggers who trash the season: First turn up your sound. then Check out Ill Will Press.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Sunny Lyn
Star Struck ~ available now @ http://www.liquidsilverbooks.com/
LEAVING MAMA ~ Coming Soon w/Samhain Publishing by Bobbie Cole

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Sam said...

What a fun blog - I have to put you in my links (I'm such a techno retard, but I figured out how to do that!)
I love Daisy Dexter Dobb's books - and blog. I started reading her books ages ago, and now that she's with EC I'm tickled pink (love that expression, sorry!)
Thanks for posting on my blog!!
Sam

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Love this info-packed post, Lyn--and not just because you mention me in it (well…maybe just a little. LOL). So many links to follow and lots of fascinating stuff to keep me from finishing the manuscript with the looming deadline.

I love your idea for a recipe blog and will be sure to visit often. God help me, I am SUCH a foodie! Of course, that may have something to do why I’m back at Weight Watchers for the 700th time. :-0

Big congrats on your 5-ribbon review for Star Struck!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Congrats on the great review babe! I love the food blog idea!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Loved the article on Fear, Lyn. I needed to read that. I'm trying to write two books at once and it's overwhelming at times.

And congratulations on the stellar review. :-)

Tanya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks