Saturday, February 04, 2006

February News


I know...it's not that big of a deal once you've sold, but I'm rather proud of this one. Just sold another manistream to Samhain Publishing - this one is called La Bella Luna (to be published under the name Bobbie Cole) and is about a quartet of rich, middle-aged ladies who attend the same day spa. One is dying, another's husband has just left her for the district attorney's husband, one has committed murder, and the one who thinks life has passed her by is the glue that holds the others together. More details as the book's debut approaches (months from now).

Also sold Red Hot Lover, an erotic fireman romance, also to Samhain, this one under the Lyn Cash moniker. I have a thing for firemen...what can I say?

My young friend Kelly Ethan recently sold her first book to Samhain Publishing. Quite literally...first book, first submission. Check out her awesome website, join her newsletter, and help me welcome another fascinating Aussie to our writers' circle. Her proud mum is one of my dearest friends, Alexis Fleming.

Also, make time if you will to check out another author's blog. Melany Logen is the combined talents of Melissa Lopez & Mechele Armstrong. They have a new book out with Ellora's Cave entitled Torc's Salvation. You can read their bio on the publisher's website.

I just turned in the edits on Just Desserts for Ellora's Cave--since this is my 1st with them, I'm not sure of the turnaround before it's published but was told 'soon'.

Other projects heating up: edits on Stream of Time, an erotic time travel with Loose Id. I've done my own cartouche, which I hope they'll use on the cover. This one's set in ancient Egypt and is chick-lit in tone. It's the first in a triology of stories involving a shabi, a female king, and a sarcophagus and a curse.

I've been sooo delinquent on my Yahoo group newsletter - apologies to those who've asked about it. Life got in the way between December and February, but I'll try to get back on track.

Have a safe & happy Super Bowl weekend. Till next time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

THANKS!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Dee Tenorio said...

Congrats again, doll! And may I say, you're my writing schedule hero!

Smooches!
Dee

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sale! "La Bella Luna" sounds great! Love the day spa idea.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Sam said...

CONGRATS Lyn!!!!
That is fabulous news!!
Can't wait to see the books at Samhain!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Hi Lyn,

Just stopped by to say hi and congrats!

Tanya

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Melany said...

Congrats Lyn on the sales! You are rocking into the new year.

And thank you so much. We are still smiling about that cover *grins*.

Lany

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks