Thursday, September 20, 2007

a contemplative 13

Thirteen Reasons I Write


** a colonoscopy costs about $1500 – so does a month’s worth of meds
** to discuss subjects that interest me and bore others to tears
** the RWA conference in San Francisco will cost me about $2300
**I like hanging out with other weirdos online
**writing affords me the ability to prostitute other parts of myself at a cheaper rate
selling a story is a lot like getting paid to gossip, and I like writing the stories my characters tell me.
** Okay – I’ll ‘fess up – I like writing the tales my friends tell me in confidence. I can’t be trusted – if it’s a worthy tale, I’ll tell it. Generally, in an unworthy manner.
**Mama needs new shoes & the pups need their rawhide treats and peanut butter bones.
**I can’t sew worth a damn or do crafts, so this gives me something to do with my hands (oh, please – don’t go down there) besides reach for nicotine.
**writing is therapeutic
**I’m a masochistic pervert with rejection issues
**writing gives me an excuse to procrastinate
**It keeps me out of trouble…no, scratch that. It restricts me from committing unspeakable acts, most of which lead to prison. Well, damn. Forget that one as well. It keeps me normal? *sigh* It helps me understand myself and others better. Not a lot, but it counts for something.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Beth said...

"A masochistic pervert with rejection issues?"
Learn something new about you with every post!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Sam said...

It's theraputic until the computer suddenly freezes - or your word doc suddenly disappears - or you read your manuscript 95,321 times and you still see huge typos...
And then you bang your head on the keyboard and wish you'd taken up collages or knitting.
LOL
(otherwise I basically agree...)

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

**I’m a masochistic pervert with rejection issues

Yep. That's me.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Lyvvie said...

I steal storied my friends tell me too!! They should know better, but I think they get a sick kind of satisfaction out of it.

You should make a Masochistic Pervert With Rejection Issues Club and use the fees to pay for the RWA shin-dig.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Now THERE is a thought, Lyvvie! - lol

hugs, you four...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks