Thursday, January 08, 2009

Starting off with a bang...

I missed my date (7th of every month) blogging at Total ebound.

I not only didn't make any resolutions, I didn't keep any previously made...and I went back to (I think) 1999.

A friend tried to kill herself on New Year's Day.
A tree fell across the street and caved in the roof of the house (thankfully, not mine...theirs).
One of my editors is no longer with the company.

And I feel great - go figure. I mean, if you can't do anything about any of it...might as well dance, right?



The highlight of the New Year was an adventure with Gretchen Jones, who is ALWAYS an uplifting kindred spirit and a ton of fun. We went to a seed company on the 3rd, but not just any seed company. This one sells herbs, spices, all kinds of things. I picked up some apple pie spice mix, kosher salt, Spanish paprika, chili powder, some rosemary, mint, and something else. It was great fun. Oh, first we had lunch - Reubens. Mmm.

(okay, so the lighting was a bit off in my photo - but she's gorgeous - you'll just have to trust me - she has this Ava Gardner in her hey-day air about her, and the thickest dark hair imaginable...can't be hatin' though - she's too nice)

Then we went to a museum. About 20 years ago, a steamboat that used to travel the Mighty Mo sank when it hit a snag, and 132 years later the ship and its contents (nobody died, by the way, when the ship sank, so this is all good) was recovered in a Kansas cornfield. I had the BEST time.

My Kids have been gone for a week (dealing with family biz out of state), so I've been cleaning like a mad woman who had nothing better to do. Haven't written but one page, but it's damned good, if I do say so - lol.
Kids will be home tonight, so I can quit obsessing, worrying, stop the cleaning and get back to writing. Hopefully.
So how was your New Year?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

OOOOH I'm famous. I'm on the interweb. Shazaam!

Had a ball, See you soon....gj

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

you are truly one of a kind

:)

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Dancing is a good thing. Hope things calm down.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

Wow, interesting stuff about the steamboat that sank and was recovered.

thanks for dropping by my blog. I need to get out there and put up another post one of these days. *sigh* Life is just too dang busy right now.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

h lordy - I forgot my Hotspot blog this month too. Been hibernating.

*slinks off to hide*

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Happy new year to you too! I miss you too!! Must talk soon. Love ya!

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

I've forgotten my TEB blog like twice in the last 3 months. *sigh*

good to see ya'll.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Bronwyn Green said...

Hey Sweetie,

I'm just dropping by to send you giant squishy hugs and say hi.

Consider yourself HUGGED!!!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

thanks, babe - back atcha

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks