Friday, November 14, 2008

Alone Time






Friday, November 14, 2008 – 12:55 am

Sitting alone, television on, laptop plugged in living room, pups at my feet or beside me – depending upon how needy or cold they become. Eyes grow weary, but I don’t want to fall asleep. Waiting for The Kids to tell me they’ve landed safely in Oklahoma, feet on the ground, Lola intact. To tell me that all is well. Does this feeling ever go away? I don’t think it does.

At midnight, I started a load of dishes in the dishwasher. Prior to that, I washed every stray article of clothing in the house. Tomorrow I tackle the hall linen closet, the bathroom, The Kids’ room, then the entry closet by the front door. Am supposed to have company (Gretchen) on Saturday, but I don’t think this is for her. Somehow, the cleaning, airing, washing is in preparation for when my children come home. Isn’t that bizarre?

I have all of these plans to eat right, take my meds, walk the dogs, and write. Yet all I’ve done is play Freecell, watch true crime, and scrub down the house in every way I can. Granted, I’ve only been alone four hours. *smirk* Just think. Only eight more days of this kind of bliss.

I’m drawing the line at raking the yard. Somehow, wet, dead leaves don’t appeal to me much this year. Probably because I don’t fancy playing in them as I did last year.

I feel the need for a pedicure and ice-cream. Maybe if I clean the toilet, the feeling will go away. Doubt it, but it’s worth a shot.
Last thing my daughter-in-law said to me before she left was "Be good." Then it was as if she realized who she was talking to and added..."To yourself."
I believe I will.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Angela James said...

sorry to tag you here but I've been trying to email you and either you're not getting mine or I'm not getting yours! Can you shoot me an email at either my Samhain or gmail address? Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks