Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hole In My House


Last week was just nuts for me. Monday, The Girl had 3 wisdom teeth extracted, so the next couple of days were spent setting my alarms to wake her every 4 hours to take her medications so she could stay ahead of her pain.

Then came the hole in the house. We finally got the lovely French doors, which were about as useful as tits on a boar hog, replaced with sliding glass doors. Seems the old house was settling, so the job took longer than expected.



My poor dogs were sequestered in my room for about six hours while Handyman Dave ripped a huge hole in the back of the house then tried refilling it with the new doors. Then Dave left the backyard fence wide open. At the last minute, I decided to check the gate (during a thunderstorm) before letting them out. – grrr – idiot.

Lex’s first book with EC debuted. (See previous post for that info.)

Someone dear to me announced that they have cancer. Nothing any of us can do. Another someone dear to me did something illegal that puts them in jeopardy. Again, nothing to be done but buy a ticket and watch the fireworks.

Early registration for next year’s RT convention opened, and my royalty checks are late, plus I didn’t get paid for the last book that came out…guess it’ll be on the next check.

I did have a marvelous Saturday with Gretchen that helped calm me. We had lunch (the Pollo Magnifico) on the patio outside at Jose Peppers near some lovely flowers.

Now and then I teach. Some of you have asked when the next “confessions” class will be, and for now, I don’t have one scheduled. However, that said…If you decide you need or want a class on writing erotic romance, there’s a course in October through WritersOnlineClasses.com that I’ll be teaching. Info is here, Writing the Erotic Romance. I was told they started taking applications to join back in April, if I’m not mistaken!

The 7th is my day to blog at Total ebound Blogspot, if you’d like to drop by on Sunday and say HELLO!

Have a great week, what’s left of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

You really seem to be going through it, kiddo. I'm glad you had Gretchen to give you a bit of calm. Hope that hole in the wall is repaired now. lol

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

You really seem to be going through it, kiddo. I'm glad you had Gretchen to give you a bit of calm. Hope that hole in the wall is repaired now. lol

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

Ack! Sorry, didn't know I was stuttering today. lol

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Bronwyn Green said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I came by to say congrats on the awesome review, but I'm thinking you need the hugs more.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

*snort* on the stuttering, and LOL

THANKS on the hugs, both of you - I'm doing just fine really. Guess I just had to grouch.

And that review was awesome, huh? - lol - THANKS, Bronwyn.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Glad I got to hear your horror story. My door is paid for and should be in sometime this week. Now I know what to worry about. LOL

Take it easy dearie!

gj

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Hugs, Lyn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks