Monday, August 25, 2008

Writing Tidbits

Ring of Seduction Debuts This Week!

As most of my readers know, Alexis Fleming and I are great buds, critique partners, and sometimes co-authors. Alex’s first book with Ellora’s Cave debuts this week (if it doesn’t, boy do I feel like a fool).

Here’s a sneak peak.

Ring of Seduction by Lyn Cash & Alexis Fleming
Release date: 8/29/08
Genre: Paranormal
New site Line/icons: Twilight
ISBN: 9781419918148
Price: $4.45



* * *

Well, the darned cover won’t load, but here’s the link to see it on the Coming Soon page.



I don't know for sure if our cover model is Rodney Chapman or not, Mister Romance a couple of years ago, but he looks like him. Rodney's a sweet guy...devoted husband and family man when I met him.




* * *




Kicking Back




I can’t believe summer is almost over! September will be a busy month for me writing-wise. I have probably three manuscripts to finish (and each is a big book, not a novella). September is the beginning of sweater, sweats, & sweets (particularly hot chocolate) weather for me, which means I’ll have to pump up the walking, which wouldn’t hurt me anyway.

I had the best time this past weekend, though. Gretchen had invited me to a MARA meeting. Mid-America Romance Authors, MARA, is a Kansas City area chapter of Romance Writers of America. I’m not a big “joiner”, but I said I’d go, thinking that maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad way to spend a couple of hours. Not bad? I got to meet the likes of Carla Cassidy (I love that woman and her books – she’s wonderful). The program was given by Karen King, who is a fabulous speaker. An interesting lady named Tess sat to my left and the webmistress for MARA was to my right. Both ladies were a blast.

Gretchen, of course, is a character, and we talked practically nonstop that afternoon. First the meeting, then lunch afterwards at Waid’s, a place that serves great home-cookin’. After that, Gretchen and I chatted over beer at Maloney’s Sports Bar & Grill, with a gentle breeze keeping us cool as we sat at one of the outdoor bistro tables. Gretchen agreed to let me read one of her works in progress and emailed it to me later that evening.

Let’s put it this way, the day was conducive to writing. I went home eager to get back into some stories I’ve begun but not finished, partly because I had new ideas springing up that begged attention.

Have a great week, peoples.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

9 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Here I thought it was YOU that was the character...go figure.

:) gj

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

ROFL I think you'll find you both fit that description. Wish I'd been there to join you.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

I'm boring as hell - I just have interesting friends - lol.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Phoenix said...

Lyn, hon, if you're boring, then the rest of us are drooling weasles. I'm just sayin'. Wish I could have been there. Sounds like it would have been fun to gather the ECPI folk around for solid chatting.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

*waving hello to Kelly*

Well, Raelene will be at the October meeting, so if you know of any ECPI authors in this area willing to attend and do a small book signing afterward, let 'em know! :)

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I'm glad you're off and writing more, but geesh you've got a lot to do in a short amount of time. Good luck with it all.

And, of course, I couldn't come out without telling you my next book came out today. You'll have to check out my blog and website for details.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Bronwyn Green said...

Woman, you've got to be the LEAST boring person I've ever met!

Whatever.

Also...I tagged you for blog tag - cause I suck like that. (rule are on my blog)

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

bron, you heifer - lol. okay, just for you...and because I can be evil to 6 other people in the process.

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Macie D said...

Great post, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks