Thursday, July 24, 2008

Feel Goods

Go about halfway down this page, or just click on THIS link to get right to it, and watch the decades old video about Christian the lion, raised by two Brits back in the sixties. (But the accompanying story/article is on the first link.) If this doesn’t give you a warm fuzzy aaaah moment, then check your pulse – you may be dead from the neck down.


My friend Ken's new logo - he's a graphic artist. :)




My pets have been snuggle bunnies lately. I think that they know Mama is gonna be gone...again...soon.

(sorry so dark)






I REALLY wish this one wasn't so dark. It's a shot (with my camera phone of course) of friend Carol and "Tammy Wynnette" (character in a gay friendly play, and the man playing Tammy was a HOOT).


























I'm doing laundry and packing (and unpacking and repacking - lol) for the upcoming trip to San Francisco. Romance Writers of America holds its national conference in a big city every year, and I missed the one last year because I wanted to attend the Romantic Times conference (which was a blast) in Houston. [Kathryn Falk and I spoke on the phone a couple of weeks ago, and she said that there *might* be one in the Midwest in 2011 that would only be about a fifteen minute drive for me. That would be kewl. *perk*]

ANYWAY. I can't seem to keep from overpacking. I've learned how to roll garments so that they don't take up as much room, but I have yet to find a way to make the suckers lose weight.


My family has been supportive - concerned, because of medical issues, but very supportive. The Kids know how much this trip means to me, to see Lex (we only see one another once a year, at conferences) and Kelly (I haven't seen Lex's daughter since the Atlanta RWA in 2006). So my son has donated money to the "have a good time" fund, and today daughter-in-law (who is no longer daughter-in-law-2-be as of last month) took me to get the requisite pedicure and manicure. *big sigh* Gad. I'm so girly-girl now.


So my manicurist and her husband are fighting, and I got some of the juiciest gossip sitting there. Is it wrong to want to write about other people's angst? And last time, there were two old ladies fighting over a bottle of nail polish, and they got into a bitch fuss over who had varicose veins and who didn't. It was all I could do, seeing them sitting with cotton between their toes and shaking fingers at one another, to keep from laughing. One woman ran her fingertips down her body and hollered that she'd had four children and had never, ever had a varicose vein and that the other woman was just jealous because she hadn't been laid since God was a corporal (while the lady speaking was obviously getting 'some').

The trip cost me more than 3 days and nights of food, but what the hell, right? I found fodder for future material.

I've almost cleaned out the garage so that the kids can use their wedding presents and so that I'll have room for the books in my room that will soon be replaced with books from THIS conference.

It's been an interesting month. Earlier in the month I stayed in a friend's teenage son's room. First time I've slept beneath a Led Zepplin poster or been surrounded by so many car tags.

I've also shopped for cars--not in stores or on lots but in parking lots while waiting for someone. I can't make up my mind if I'd appear European with a scooter or if I'd just look like somebody's mother who isn't allowed to drive the family car any more - lol.

The black and red vehicles just stood out for me. Dunno why.

Okay, enough rambling. Just thought I'd say HELLO to whoever is reading and to tell you that Kate and Heather Rae will be holding down the fort for me while I'm gone. Be nice to them, please.

And all of you take care, have a marvelous weekend and upcoming week. I'll try to have news from the conference to give Kate and Heather to post here.
hugs,
Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your red car is my car...except mine's orange. :)

http://krisstarr.com/blog/?p=885

(It's been so long since I've embedded a link I can't remember the html to do it anymore. Damned point-n-click programs...!)

Have fun at conference. This one just didn't work out for me -- I'm traveling to British Columbia instead -- but I'd like to go again soon.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Oh how terrific!!!
That sounds wonderful - have a great time! And scooters look like so much fun to ride. I think I'd like one too!

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

aaw - thanks, Kris and Sam!!!!!!

I leave in about 4 and 1/2 hours and am still doing laundry, haven't slept, etc - lol. But I've watered the plants, fixed a pot roast for The Kids, played with the dogs, and took a crash course from #1 Son in how to operate the new camera. *snort* We'll see how well the lessons take.

Ya'll enjoy your week. :) Thanks for stopping by. I'll return the favor SOON.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks