Friday, June 20, 2008

You want the truth?

All is well, but this is what's been going on just this past week.

Father's Day fell on what would have been my brother's birthday - well, I suppose it still was, even though he's not here. Needless to say, it was rather rough on the family.

I was diagonosed with diverticulitis, colitis and a few other things, salmonella poisoning - yes, the tomato thing. I didn't have to go on IVs, but I did get to say "ah" at both ends and manage to get sunburned somehow. I'm on 3 don't-let-me-barf pills so that I can handle the 5 strong antibiotics that do just that. But...only for 3 more days. Color me happy.

Then sad.

My next door neighbor died - the one who played in bands with Billie Holliday, John Coltrane, and Miles Davis. His wife was en route back from Thailand and had to be greeted at the airport with the news since nobody could reach her prior to that.

Think Wisteria Lane and "Desperate Housewives". Cue the sweet music, then see the drama. I haven't been able to do much, but I'm still bossy, so I managed to get men from the area to take care of the new widow's lawn. Then (there's always 1 butthead in every community) another guy comes home drunk and abusive - HIS next door neighbor has a severe and lively come-to-Jesus meeting with him over the backyard fence. Nobody got arrested, but it was pretty interesting.

My cute guy neighbor mentioned to another neighbor that he'd like to read one of my books, so she takes him 2 or 3 of them - he has a Bible sitting on his next-to-the-door table, and one of the books she gave him was "Just Desserts". Cue the embarrassment. But guess what? His mother visited him and asked to read the dirty one - lol.

Enough with the neighbors. Back to family. Son is getting married in less than 24 hours - and daughter-in-law-2-be's family arrived Wednesday. We've had a wonderful visit. The girls all got pedicures and fraps today - the guys got beer & chips and played their guitars while the dogs sang.

One of my email accounts has locked up for some weird reason. One of my editors has disappeared - well, *I* haven't heard from him in a month - let's put it that way - and I had edits due the 3rd week of May.

I finally joined My Space dot com - my URL = http://www.myspace.com/author_bobbie_cole. Don't be shocked if you visit to see my mood listed as blessed. I meant it. Despite everything.

One of my publishers wrote and said that all I needed for drama this week was for a Midwestern tornado to hit the car and for a meteorite to land on the house.

Photos forthcoming if I learn how to work the new digi camera between now (nearly 2 am) and time for the wedding. Photos of the wedding or reception, people, not the meteorite or tornado. Knock wood.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND. I MEAN IT.

hugs,
Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Kate said...

1. Snickering that you did blog The Truth.

2. Waiting for pictures from The EVENT OF THE YEAR. The wedding! Yay!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. And I'm waiting for the pix too!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

I was still "sick as a dog" at the wedding and reception, but...MUCH BETTER - lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks