Saturday, May 17, 2008

Whazzup Here

Okay, so my litttle camera phone doesn't capture the close up crap I want at times, but these two photos bring back such a good day memory that I had to post 'em. Ann Wesley Hardin flew down (on her broom) from East Coast to be with her sister, the fabulous Jane. The 3 of us went to lunch - with Ann driving Jane's big ole van. We stop at a Mexican restaurant next to a shop called called Beer Cave Wine & Spirits, and...

* * *

Ann being the Bat Dame, naturally we had to take a photo of Ann and Jane beneath the sign.

* * *


One thing...Jane has a funky alarm or something on the key fob, and Ann kept triggering it every time we'd enter or exit the damned van, and I caught a shot of Ann trying desperately to shut off the alarm before somebody called the cops, thinking we were robbing the liquor store.

* * *


Ya just had to be there. Jane bought my lunch - Ann provided entertainment - I provided the feed-me-fix-me project for the day.

* * *


Why neediness? OMG - we have a WEDDING coming up in this family, and do you have any idea how long it's been since I've been around GIRLS, much less BRIDES? Lots to do. The Girl and I spent morning at tailor's getting gown altered and a bustle working. She and The Boy are tasting wedding cakes and shopping for flowers this afternoon while I prepare a nice big salad or two. (Couldn't make up my mind - garden salad or potato salad, latter of which nobody but me likes - couldn't decide, so I'm making both.)

* * *


I'm in love with my community. I'd like to have spent the entire afternoon wandering downtown. We have a large clock tower and Farmers' Market with fresh fruits & veggies. We have sidewalk cafes where folks were outside listening to live bands at the Market. There are shops galore, craft stores, furniture stores, everything from a Russian luncheon type bistro to a Harley bar & grill, where bikers from umpteen states were outside having a grand ole time.

* * *


Ann's only been gone a week, but I miss her already. Thanks for the lunch, Jane - thanks for the fun, both of you.

* * *


I'm off to pamper myself - a shower, bit of reflexology, manicure, pedicure, maybe a facial and an herbal wrap. Grilled steaks and potatoes for supper to go along with my 2 salads - lol. Maybe some carrots and homemade sweet bread. I make killer bread, if I do say so.

* * *


I've spoken with Cosmo about the article - still no word for certain. Did a set of edits last week and have TWO more staring at me for this week. Which is good - it means books coming out soon. Submitted 2 manuscripts to TPTB who may or may not shoot me down, but I gotta try.

* * *

Yep. Today is pampering day. I may even bake doggie treats for my pooches so they can feel pampered, too. They like my Peanut Butter Paws.

* * *


Have a great weekend, folks.
~ Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Merry said...

I need the recipe for Peanut Butter Paws - Echo and Flint love PB.

GIRLS - yeah, they're different. But we love 'em and wouldn't ahve them any other way!

Love ya!

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Ann flew in on her broom! LOL - Has she seen that yet?

:-D

Sounds like you've been busy. I Love potato salad. Can never have too many hard boiled eggs in it, n'est pas?

And a wedding. How fun!!!!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Beth said...

A day of pampering sounds good. I've always wondered about the benefits of reflexology - just might try it.

Best of luck with Cosmo.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Too funny about the alarm.

I need a day to relax and pamper myself. Maybe next week - you'll have to go read my blog to understand, but this weekend will be a LONG one (and not just because it's Memorial Day)!

Have fun with the wedding. It sounds exciting. Are the kids excited? When is it?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Will post recipe SOON, Mer. No, Ann hasn't seen post, Sam - that's what she gets for having a life and not reading others' blogs. *smirk* And OUI on the boiled eggs in potato salad - lol.

*waves to Beth and Denise* I highly recommend the pampering if you can get a good reflexologist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks