Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Rainy Weekend With Max


I always enjoy staying at the Motel Carol. For one thing, there's great conversation, she makes me coffee, and I get to see her wonderful kids. This time, however, there was an additional family member. The girls have dubbed him Max, but he's still "growing into" his name. I'm sure he'll let them know if he wishes to be called something else.





It rained this morning, and I sat on the deck out back sipping coffee, holding Max (who loves climbing up my leg as far as his hampster-like body can manage--all 11 ounces of him). I finally caved in and lifted him, and he snuggled inside my bra with only his head peeking out of my shirt.
Max is a Maltese Poodle, and I'm delighted to be Aunt Sunny to this little man. I have a feeling that he'll rule the house within a matter of hours, not days.


Already, he gets to take little trips with the family, he has a marvelous home with lots of love, and he is a well-pampered pooch.

I've put in my order/request for a painting from Shorter Child, and I've volunteered to housesit Max whenever I'm asked. The Kids (as in MY kids) are getting married in about 3 weeks, and the Motel Carol is open to me if I wish to spend a few days - lol. I may just take 'em up on the offer.



Oh...he also loves to give kisses. Make a kissy sound, and he's all about it.






Okay, more lightning sighted outside my window, so I'm ending this and shutting things down until tomorrow. Have a good week, everybody. :)


~ Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

What a cutie. Sounds like you had a good time at your friend's and with the kids.

Thanks for the present you sent my way, btw. I told Kate I'd be gracious and not tell the bats she'd been nice to me. Same holds for you, but I at least owe you a drink in SF.

Check out my blog for news about my girl.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

I had a ball. And you don't owe me a thing - there was no one more deserving than you anyhoo.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks