Thursday, July 01, 2010

Happy July

I am at Casa Carol's for a few days with buddy Dudley while his mama is vacationing with her family. Anyone in my neighborhood with a beer and a backrub? I mean it's such torture here. She stocked the 'frig and all that jazz with fresh fruits & veggies, a blueberry pie (ssh - don't tell the carb police), and some nice meals for me. I have the use of her laptops, so I can get on the internet when I'm supposed to be writing.

And I AM writing. Also reading. Have 3 manuscripts to critique (yes, Jackie, Leigh, & Aimee, you are with me in spirit this week), 4 books of my own to read, and a slew of Carol's lining her bookshelves. If you like tearjerkers, pick up her Cattle Valley Days books. That one about Nick becoming mayor and facing a disaster. OMG. Book #12. WAAAAH. And the latest one, a follow up called Neil's' Guardian Angel!!!! ANOTHER tear jerker. (Pretty hot cover, too.) It's here: http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=806

Okay, I have some news of my own. I sold to Carina Press. Color me happy. It's a romantic suspense, a Bobbie Cole book. No clue when it'll debut. Gotta meet my editor and go through edits and all of that first. But Sunny Bob is now a Harlequin author. And it feels gooood. :) I wouldn't have gotten the book done, much less submitted, if not for Heather Rae Scott , so thanks, girlfriend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for pushing me, critiquing me, encouraging me, and listening to me whine about it all.

Happy 4th of July, everyone, whether you are in the states or not.
hugs
Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Bronwyn Parry said...

Yay, Sunny Lyn! Congrats on your latest sale :-)

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

omg - it's my ole buddy bronwyn the RWA RITA FINALIST 2010! :) VERY nice to see you. just wish I was gonna be in Orlando to see you win your first Rita. congrats again back to YOU and thank you for stopping by. this is a treat.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

Already congratulated you in our secret hiding place but it bears repeating -- YAY Sunny Bob! I could not be happier for you!
Hey Bronwyn -- haven't seen you in ages. Dread recently pointed out that we've been cyber friends for over 9 years. Which is weird cause I haven't aged a day in all that time...*snort*.
Liz

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

hey, liz! #1 son just got home from your neck of the woods (8 days - we kinda missed him).

thank you! appreciate you. xxoo

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Heather Rae Scott said...

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!!

I'm so damned proud of you. And hey, you wrote this book, I just pointed out a few places here and there that I thought could be stronger.

:::waves to Bron and Liz:::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks