Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shopping

If I haven't mentioned it, I'm only so-so when it comes to shopping. I get tired or bored, something sparkly catches my eye, and before I know it I'm gone.

So. #1 Son and #1 Daughter-in-law decide to go shopping. I know The Kid needs clothes for an upcoming business trip, and I suggest he take his wife to such & such store, because they're having a tee-shirt sale, $5 a pop. Of course, she finds some rock star pants she wants to go with the shirts, but if he has the money, why not? He's been gone the past week to Seattle, and while he did bring back fabulous coffee that can't be had anywhere but there, we missed him. She missed him. She needed to spend time with him.

Upshot of this trip, however, is that they think Mom wears clothes that are too big and baggy for her, so the boy is picking up a few things for his mother that he pretty much said "just shut up, wear them, accept the gift, and wear something form fitting for a change". *gulp*

Please, God, let it be black or red, something that looks good on me. And thank you for thoughtful adult children.

addendum: half a dozen shirts in various colors - the kids did well - lol. (and nooo, no pics of me in them as yet) - Thanks for stopping by.

Hope you are all having a good finish to the week.
~ Sunny Lyn, aka Amazon Barbie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Risky venture buying clothes for Mom - but his heart is in the right place!
Good luck with the new fashion style!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

:) hehehe - The Kids did well. Son was so tickled with his choices that he wanted to go back the next morning and pick up a few more tops for me. I let him.

Thanks for stopping by, Beth. Hope your week is going well.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Heather Snow said...

So, does that mean you'll be the fashionable one at retreat??? I know I won't be ;)

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

So, where are the pictures? You can't tease like that and not provide pictures!!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

Bring them to Columbus, Sun.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

Love the colors. I bet you look wonderful in them.

Have fun in Columbus. Will we see you in Nashville?

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

DENISE!!!!!! YES!!!! I WILL be in Nashville. Haven't seen you since San Francisco, and even then it wasn't long enough. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks