Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow-k-la-homa & Gravity

A friend in Oklahoma sent me the words to what she and her cronies feel the new state song should be. I couldn't agree more...


Oklahoma is changing the words to the State Song. It now goes like this:

SNOW.......klahoma
Where the cold front's sweepin' down the plain
And the piles of sleet, beneath your feet
Follow right behind the freezing rain.

SNOW.......klahoma
Ev'ry night my honey lamb and I
Travel home from work and hope some jerk
Doesn't wreck our car in passing by!

We know we belong to the land
But it could use some more salt and more sand

That's why we say.....WHOA!
We're sliding the other way.......YIKES!

We're only sayin'
You're slick as snot SNOWklahoma
SNOWklahoma
SNOW-K-L-A-H-O-M-A

SNOWklahoma, SNOW-K!

* * * * *

I gotta be the only jerk in the Midwest who, during all of this ice and snow, falls INSIDE her house rather than outside it. This time I didn't break my nose, though, just my arse. Have been on heating pads...electrical plus those Therma Care things, plus meds for a week. This is old, but the drugs make me mellow. It's kinda hard to write at times, but I've been keeping busy taking care of the smaller dog. She has an owie on her rump she has to get well before it costs her a surgery. The Elizabethan collar makes her look like some strange flower, and the Puppy Prozac makes her loopier than I am on my drugs.

Hope your week is faring better. Stay warm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Gretchen said...

Love the lyrics Sunny! So PITA is literal this month?

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

hehehe - yes (to PITA) - bless her heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks