Monday, October 19, 2009

Rescue Me ~ nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah





















Don't ask me why or how, but we have a new addition to the family this week. Dunno for how long, but he's adorable, and I'm sure that somewhere he has a family that misses him. He's vanilla cream and looks like somebody rolled him gently in cinnamon.
**************
He likes sneaking Cheese Puffs, playing ball, taking long walks, and verbalizing his thoughts. His fur is soft and fly-away as cotton, and we call him Harley. The other two rescue dogs are not happy with this new arrangement, so I'm not sure how long this will last. We've advertised to find his original owner(s), but we haven't heard anything yet.
**************
Oh, and he's a Husky.
**************
Writing has been constant but never enough this past week. Fall weather makes for frisky animals that like walks amongst the leaves. New mouths to feed, laundry to do and dishes to wash (since everyone has been sick and the kids are behind on household crap) has kept me busy, but I'm enjoying myself.
**************
Have a good week, everyone.
hugs~
Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Heather Rae Scott said...

He's gorgeous and Harley suits him well. I hope his previous owners come forward, but if they don't, then Harley is in a good home. LOVE those blue eyes.

Very proud of you on the writing front!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

aw - thanks. He really is sweet. We keep contacting vets, and they keep saying 'never heard of him'. Now if our other two dogs just get with the program...lol.

And thanks re: the writing. You know how hard I've been working, and I know what you've been doing. We deserve the atta-girls, my friend. We have truly busted our humps this year. It'll pay off.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you check him for an ID Chip?
Janet H.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

YES - have checked for the RFID, have phoned vet clinics, checked Craig's List, the big city newspaper, online news, plus scoured neighborhoods for posters of lost animals. Went to pharmacy, grocery store, all we could think of for this neighborhood for about a 3 mile radius.

*sigh* If our other dogs fall into line, we'll keep him unless someone claims him soon, but... if they aren't agreeable, we'll have to foster him to a loving family or person.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

If I lived closer, I'd be at your house in a hot minute. The Husband and I are planning to get another Big Dog. Unfortunately, not until we leave this apartment and get a house.
Congrats on the writing front. You know you really CAN'T write 18 hours a day, so taking the dogs for walks is a good break to re-energize yourself.
The other dogs will probably get with the program. Whenever you have more than one dog you have a pack. They just need a little time to sort out the pecking order.
Oh, and this is exactly why I have all my animals chipped. I just wish they'd had it available when my daughter was little.
What? You think that's wrong?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

cracking up - noooo, I'd be tempted to do the very same thing with my child...in fact...I've heard some people HAVE done this. no???

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

oh, and you are so right about the walking instead of writing - lol.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger raine said...

Such an unusual color for a husky, but isn't he gorgeous!
I wish I could, Lyn. Love to take him in, but it's impossible right now.
But I know you'll see that he's cared for. Luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks