Monday, July 17, 2006

Is It Hot Enough Yet?

I'm preparing to travel to Atlanta for a few days, and the funny above just seemed appropriate.


My friend Alex and her daughter Kelly are already enroute from Australia. It's freezing over there, raining, barely any sunshine, and they are sooo looking forward to 'summer' again. I told her that they won't have a problem keeping warm in Atlanta (Hotlanta) in July. Their bodies will probably go into shock once they get back to winter in Oz, though.

Kel just got her first book cover, and I wish I could post it here. The coming soon page where it will be doesn’t have it up yet, and I can’t jump the gun here, but keep checking back at this link, and it’ll be up soon, I’m sure. You can at least read the blurb here if you like.

I had the pleasure of reading excerpts from Kelly’s 1st offering (the hag sold the first book she’d completed – hardly the norm for a writer) at the Samhain author blitz this past weekend. I’ve read some good werewolf stories, but I don’t as a rule pick them up on my own. This one? After just reading a few lines, I was hooked – the woman is hysterically funny and irreverent as can be. I still can't believe the little witch sold her first book. I'm so damned proud of her, you'd think she was my daughter.

Speaking of daughters...dear DIL-2-B and I have had the ice-cream munchies all summer. I've tried avoiding the cigarettes and have opted for the Banana Split Sundaes or the Rocky Road, which means I have to walk more to keep off the pounds. Cool thing is that ya could bounce a quarter off of my butt now. Went shopping a while back and discovered I'd dropped about 3 sizes in pants/skirts, but...alas...would have to walk on my hands to lose where I need to lose. Nestlee’s Drumsticks are my weakness (hard-chocolate covered Mint is my favorite so far – I haven’t had the nerve to try the Peanut Butter Fudge—would have to find some Anonymous meetings if I did).

If that's not bad enough, the blonde in the ice-cream truck has decided my neighborhood is a goldmine, so just as I'm concentrating on a wicked scene, I hear that darned music calling to me. (note to self: must buy just one more stash of ice-cream and hand her some books...maybe she'll stop driving and stay home under her air-conditioner reading)

Have a great week, everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Merry said...

When the ice cream lady starts sending you Christmas cards start worrying...

(g,d and r)

Love ya!

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger April said...

What is the deal with the ice cream trucks? I hadn't seen one since I was ten. And for the past four weeks, they drive by my house twice a day. Like I can resist that. And I live on a dead end, so the first pass is just a warning that they're coming right back. And heaven help the ten year olds two doors down. I beat them everytime! :-)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

Have fun in Atlanta!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Kate said...

happy release day to me. happy release day to me. Happy release daaaaayyyyyyy ddddeaaaarrrr Summmmmmer, Happy release day to me.

even though HEY! it's RWA week? What's with THAT? They release my novella when it's RWA week?

Have fun in atlanta and do not forget to make lots of reports. Make them up if you have to.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Love that can of soup, Lyn. ROFLOL! Where do you find these things? Have a great time. See you when you get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks