Tuesday, July 11, 2006

What Is Brewing

I had the pleasure of having Wateena with Coffee Time Romance review my first mainstream novel, Leaving Mama. Thought I'd post the review link and a public THANK YOU to WATEENA for reading the book and taking the time to give a thoughtful review. Appreciate you, Wateena! (And now, of course, writer in me wants to know the history behind her name because it's so unusual and pretty - lol.) Here’s the link. Here are the basics (even though Bobbi is supposed to be spelled 'Bobbie').

LEAVING MAMA
BOBBI COLE
ISBN# 1-59998-032-0
May 2006
Samhain Publishing LTD
www.samhainpublishing.comE-Book
$5.50278 Pages
Mainstream
Women’s Fiction
Rating: 4 cups


"This is a beautiful and heart warming story. A woman’s death unearths secrets from the past and a mother and her daughters learn more about each other. This story is a powder keg of emotions, and once it explodes, you will laugh, cry and even get angry, but you never lose the feeling of love behind it all. This is a wonderful story that stays with you long after you have closed the book."

ANNICK with euroreviews (I've tried & tried and can't get the darned link to work, so just take my word for it? - lol) also gave LM a great review. She had this to say: Leaving Mama is a funny and romantic story about a family secret and how people become involved in it. Bobbie Cole has written a story to enjoy. With a tear and a laugh…



Someone had asked on one blog I read whether the story had a HEA or not, and nobody responded to her, so, for the record YES, it certainly does! - lol. I didn't respond because it wasn't my blog, and...well, I have a difficult time just jumping in and shouting 'it's wonderful and you'll love it', because I always want to add: 'and if you don't, I'll help you get your money back'...which is a bit of a no-no, I take it.

Now I have NO problem whatsoever hawking someone else's wares. For instance...

Have you ever written a book with other people? I did, a few months ago, with Summer Devon and Kris Starr, and as of yesterday, all 3 of us have sold our novellas to Ellora's Cave. Now we're just waiting for edits, pub dates, book covers (okay, well SUMMER got hers, but then hers is also book #1 in the anthology). The anthology will be called SHRINK WRAP and is about 3 women plagued by the paranormal. One woman is invisible to the man who loves her, one has the ghost of a long-deceased (as in generations ago) grandmother playing matchmaker (and the grandmother was once a bordello girl who still has a bit of raunch left in her...okay, a LOT of raunch), and the third is an uptight executive whose new client wants her to get 'in touch with herself' via a rose quartz crystal with magical healing and erotic powers. ~ Here is Summer's cover for book #1:

I had the BEST time imaginable working on this series with Kris and Summer...I mean the BEST. Both of their stories are so funny and charming, with secondary characters to die for. The series is under "Shrink Wrap" because all 3 primary characters go to the same parapsychology clinic for help.

I had such a good time, that I roped even more critique partners into writing 3 anthologies for Samhain, if we can get our stories written and accepted, that is. We've been given the go-ahead to submit, at any rate. Three CPs are writing a heart-warming, sweet romance series called "Oh, Baby!", and the other six are writing a 2-anthology erotic series called "Who's Your Daddy?" that is hysterically funny.

There's more. Lex and I have been buddies a long, long time now - critique partners, 'sisters', fellow raunch 'riters - and now WE are doing an anthology. We did one before, but the 'book' didn't sell...the BOOKS did - she sold hers from that anthology to Changeling, and I sold mine to Loose Id. Now we want to take another crack at this and see what we've learned over the past year, see if we can't sell them as one anthology rather than splitting them up.

Lee in Washington sent me a puzzle you might enjoy.


This will boggle your mind... Take your time and follow the instructions.


1) Go to the link below. After reading each window click on the boy in the lower right corner.


2) In the last window type in your answer in the white box using the keyboard (there is NO cursor). You will be amazed....and no, I don't know how it's done .


Click here: http://digicc.com/fido/

And today's quote is from Janet: "It isn't premarital sex if you have no intention of getting married." ~ George Burns

Have a great week, everyone. Thank you for stopping by today.

~ Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Kate said...

okay okay I'm here! I bow down to Lyn.

You are the Motivator!

And thanks for putting up my cover of a book that's going to be released in ONE FLIPPING WEEEEEEEK.

yehaw!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kate said...

and actually I come by and read all the time. I love your touching story of your wild friends.

lurker girl

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Shuck Ying said...

Hi Lyn, I sent an email to you at MilkboneUndies@ Excite.com regarding a prize on EC list mom day in June with Lauren, did you get the email? If no, how do I contact you, please.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

HI, SHUCK! I just sent you an email about an hour ago. Get it? If not, I'll try again. THANKS!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Nice reviews and fodder for a growing TBR pile. Thanks

Hope you DO get to publish together with your writing partner, that would be so fun!

as for that quiz/link - HA! I stumped it. It didn't guess right with mine. I love it when I can stump those seemingly omniscient(sp) doo-dads. There's a gadget out there that is like the old 8 ball. except you answer a series of questions it asks to determine your "thought" - my niece was amazed the "aunty" could stump it more than one time. I was the only one who could.
So, my accomplishments are shallow and weird.
I'll take what I can get, LOL

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Cathie, it is so awesome to see you here - THANK YOU - glad you had a good time! You were my biggest supporter there, I think - lol.

Michele, only you, chick - ROFL. Not such a shallow warm fuzzy, I think, though. I feel like give you a woot-woot on that one.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Congrats on the great review!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks