Sunday, November 07, 2010

thank you - it's a great day

If I've neglected to send you a personal thank you, consider it done here. (Hello, Janet!) Yeah, it's the old girl's birthday. Someone asked me 'how's it hanging' earlier - ha. Well, it's ALL hanging, but I like to think I do it with flair. *snort*

The Kids are at a wedding, and I'm throwing cyber confetti from here. It's a beautiful autumn day. I have the pets riding shotgun as I fire off manuscripts. I'm working, alas, but it's a good day to do so.

Gretchen took me to a terrific movie (go see RED with Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, Richard Dreyfuss, John Malkovich, etc) and be prepared to laugh your arse off. It's wonderful fun. We went to the Fork & Film, so I had food along with the movie. Later, a clerk at Starbucks thought we were a nice pair and asked if Gretchen was my DAUGHTER. Alrighty. It's time to whip out that bottle of Miss Clairol I've been storing for ages. Nothing like a wake-up call on your birthday weekend. Bitch. That's okay. I am strong. My ego is in-friggin'-tact. Doesn't bother ME - I'm not BITTER.

Jackie phoned before boarding her flight (biz trip). Friends have called or emailed. My parents phoned and sang happy birthday to me. I'm having fun, despite the fact that someone at Starbucks thinks I have a daughter who is only 10 yrs my junior. So...maybe I'll go red. Or purple. I used to do drugs and dye my hair eggplant. Anyone got a doobie? I'm KIDDING. I'm more into Starbucks fraps these days. R-E-A-L-L-Y.


Hope the rest of you are having a terrific day.

~ Sunny Bob The Elder

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

Can't believe I missed your birthday! I hear there's a function in Outlook where a REMINDER will automatically pop us and tell you when something important is about to happen. I really must ask SuperGeek (The Husband) about this.
I MISS you!!!!
Seriously. I'm gonna call this week. So keep that cell phone close bitch.
all my love,

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

LMAO!!! my verification word for that was "birch". Some people never learn to spell....

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

hehehe - Happy Thanksgiving or whatever it is in your neck of the woods...

thanks for thinking of me - miss you, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks