Sunday, February 26, 2006

Books, artists, & the Journey Thus Far

Thank you for those who asked...here's the information on my books thus far:


Artist for Mistress Mine = Scott Carpenter. This book can still be purchased at this link.

Artist for The Big O = Scott Carpenter. This book can still be purchased at this link.

Artist = April Martinez, and Stream of Time is scheduled for an end of May release date.

Artist = April Martinez. Star Struck can be purchased here

Leaving Mama, my first mainstream is scheduled for release May 30th. All the information I have on this particular book can be found here, 2nd from bottom of page. And if all goes as planned, Scott Carpenter will once again be my artist.

Some of you have asked about my artists. Scott Carpenter is doing the "Kinky Kruising" series; April Martinez is doing "The Promise" series - both for Loose Id; plus April did the cover for my one book with LSB called Star Struck. Scott will also be the artist for Leaving Mama and the other books I have contracted with Samhain - La Bella Luna (another mainstream, written as Bobbie Cole) and Red Hot Lover, written as Lyn Cash.

April and Scott are both fabulous artists. Scott is also an author.

I'm not certain who my artist will be for the forthcoming Just Desserts at Ellora's Cave, but I have a bio up on their website now - lol. So I know that I exist somewhere in their mainframe.

Some of you who haven't made it over to my critique group's website, The Belfry Collective, might be interested in knowing that six of us have already contracted with new publisher Samhain Publishing. Dee, Rae, Amy, Alexis, Kate, and moi have signed contracts for everything from sweet contemporary romance to erotic romance to mainstream - as ever, the Collective is diversified. Four of us (Yours Truly, again, Kate/Summer, Ann, and Kris write for Ellora's Cave. Cathy writes for Lion Heart, Gerrie for Echelon, Liz for Medallion, and Kate writes for Kensington. Merry, Donica, and Shara write for By Grace Publishing, and they all have books out with other publishers as well. Some of you have asked when we're having our next Author Day - and the answer is...one isn't scheduled as yet, but we've kicked around the idea over the past few months. So bear with us a while longer.

For you writers, I've heard recently that Berkley, Avon, Harlequin Spice, and Kensington are all seeking erotic romance in novella as well as novel form, and the subgenre doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. The e-pubs are still the largest producer of erotic fiction, but the ranks may be closing if the big 4 out of New York have anything to say about it.

For those who wish to get a deeper (no pun intended - honestly) take on why some writers write erotic fiction, an article by Simon Sheppard might clue you in. And if you like video, Geraldo did a bit on this a few days ago that is worth viewing...click on Archives at top, then Feb 23rd's program on Steamy Novels to your left on the next page that opens.

As for what is next for me, I won't be submitting to LSB any more - long story and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate my telling you why, so...suffice it to say, Star Struck is the only book they'll be publishing of mine. But I've contracted 8 novels so far plus have verbal agreements on another 5, all but 3 to be written this year and maybe all to be published in 2006 - we shall see. Life does get in the way occasionally, and scheduling prevents many books from coming out when they're 'supposed' to - lol - so...for now, that's all I have to give you on myself.

For those who have asked what publisher likes what, all I can tell you for certain is that I've had marvelous editors with all of the companies who have contracted me - Loose Id seems to prefer 'edgier' stuff, such as BDSM, interracial, interstellar, anything that pushes the envelope. Ellora's Cave loves sexy, sexy, sexy. And Samhain is all over the map as far as acquisitions - I've sold both mainstream and erotic romance to them, and friends of mine have sold sweet romances, so...if you're a writer, chances are they publish your genre or subgenre.

No, I'm not going to discuss finances with you in a public forum, but I will tell you that Ellora's Cave and Samhain are supposedly forces for the others to reckon with. As for editors, I've been extremely fortunate - extremely so, and I wouldn't trade any of 'em if I could.

Color me excited just to be in this crazy business. I'm sure I could make more money doing something else, but writing, alas, is my passion, and I'm not really much good at anything else.

Till next time...I've got a ton of housework to do...I'm so used to being pampered and spoiled lately, and there's no one to wake me up with a latte or Starbucks coffee, alas...

HOW TO CLEAN THE HOUSE

1. Open a new file in your PC.

2. Name it "Housework."

3. Send it to the RECYCLE BIN.

4. Empty the RECYCLE BIN.

5. Your PC will ask you, "Are you sure you want to delete Housework permanently?"

6. Calmly answer, "Yes," and press the mouse button firmly......

7. Feel better? Works for me!

P.S. - Fellow writer buddy Jennifer Archer has a brand new blog and is fairly new to Blog World. If you get the chance, pop over and say hello to her - tell her Lyn Cash sent you if you like. Jennifer writes mainstream women's fiction for Harlequin Next - she was one of their debut authors and is a terrific tale-spinner.

~ Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

I'm hearing the same thing about erotica. They're all looking for it, but unfortunately I don't write it. I'm always a day late and a dollar short! LOL!

Tanya

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Well I write for 3 (used to be 4) of 'em, and I'm STILL late and short - lol. For some reason, my release dates are getting bottlenecked at the end of May, and I've tried so darned hard to keep one per month or every other month, but alas. Editors have lives, too, it seems. *grin*

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Kate said...

speaking of making promises: I AM GOING TO READ YOUR STORY I AM NOW TRYING TO FINISH MINE....
ACK.

Kate

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Love the covers. Scott and April do fabulous work - (and Scott is such a sweetie!!)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

I THINK I read in RT that even NAL is starting an erotica line.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, Sam!

Cece, just the thought of sweet, soft-spoken Ellen Edwards & NAL having an erotic romance line is enough to make me check for the Second Coming. Quite interesting - thanks for the news.

Of course, Ellen is a fabulous editor and quite the dynamo - lol. She just looks small and helpless, but the woman is a tiger. I just never thought I'd see the day NAL had an erotic anything line.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Okay, Lyn, it's time to post something else, dear. Vacation time is over. :-)

Tanya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks