Friday, January 19, 2007

Scary Sex


Got your attention? It's not that sex itself scares me - it's that everything surrounding it in my world drives me nutty. Ever tried to stop smoking? Any addiction carries with it a personal hell. Mine comes with trying to write the raunchiest scenes imaginable without my crutch. I've managed to get these characters into bed, tangle the sheets as well as their lives, do the proper insertions - humor, not just A goes into B. But where's my cigarette after the best sex imaginable?


I've tried walking. It was 8 degrees without the windchill factor this week. So much for that form of release. I've chewed the hell out of a few straws, and there are some pretty well mangled stress balls that look like that dogs tore into them. Squeezed them? I annihilated them. I've eaten everything that wasn't nailed down, bitched at anything that moved, and swore I'd rather have the hack than the lack. I'm lying, of course, but it helped at the time to tell myself the fib.


Friends have helped. Got this from Kris, along with the drawing up top:
THIS IS A TOAST.... 2 US...
FOR THE MEN WHO HAVE US,
THE LOSERS WHO LOST US,
AND THE LUCKY PEOPLE WHO WILL MEET US!!
#1 Son sent me this link to a video clip by Stephen Colbert regarding Cingular’s sell to AT&T. For those of you who keep up on The Colbert Report, it's pretty funny.
In other news, I just completed a novella for a novella for Samhain - more on that later. I am awaiting a pub date on one for Ellora's Cave that was completed last spring - lol. (And we bust our asses for deadlines because...?) The cherry on the cake of my week is that La Bella Luna debuts on the 23rd of January. This is one of my personal favorites - a mainstream with about 43 names of friends as characters and a totally fictional plot that hit me like a ton of bricks one day. I'm proud of this one.
Special shout-outs to my friends in Oklahoma who have been without electricity for over a week due to ice storms. Hugs to all of you who are about to get slammed again with ice and snow this weekend.
Now...where's that friggin' stress ball? An impending scary sex scene is about to explode once I get back into this darned story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger Rinda Elliott said...

Oh man, I've been there. Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! It gets easier. I swear.

I have power, but I haven't been able to get out of my driveway in forever. It gave me time to work on a cool plot board--it's on my blog. (g) We're bracing for another storm tonight. Right now, I'm drinking a glass of Riesling and missing my friend who moved away right after we reconnected. :)

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

Sister, I feel your pain. Literally. Here's what I learned from the last time I quit smoking (and I'm trying to remember it this time). All the nicotine is out of your body in 48-72 hours. Scary huh? After that, you're dealing with the habit. Which (for me) is much harder to break than the actual physical addiction. I never have a physical need for a smoke now. But, the DESIRE! Oh, dear. I used cigarettes as my reward system so now I try to think of something else that is a reward and a comfort that isn't food. I'm thinking about wsmoking again when I turn 80. My lungs will be clear by then, how much damage can I do in the remaining years?

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs and good thoughts for your lungs!
I quit ages ago - it took three months for the habit to break and I did a lot of self hypnosis. I managed to convince myself that cigarettes made me sick. It worked - I can't smoke one without barfing now.
Sam

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Michele said...

You make me very glad I never started smoking.
Now eating, that I do too well.
Stress/eat.
Bored/eat.
Celebrate/eat.

Bad bad bad.
My only bright spot is that if you are what you eat, then I'm sweet.

Good luck with the tough spot - I hope you revv up and beat it into submission. sounds like S & M. Oops.

Yeah, I have been hearing from people in Colorado, Texas and Oklahoma. Yet, here I am on the East Coast, snowless. Sure, the temps are frigid now with high wind warnings, but that's a cakewalk compared to all those other folks.

Hope all goes right for them soon. Darned El Nino!

Good luck to you Lyn!

Hugs,

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Kudos to you re: your battle to quite smoking. I haven't yet made the attempt.
And additional kudos re: your literary output. Impressive.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Many, many, many thanks to all of you! I cheat from time to time, but 4 or 5 as opposed to 20-40 per day has at least made me feel better. Walking helps - and I'm so damned glad my new coat came in so I can do that - lol. Now if the boots would only get here. The ice and snow are too much for what boots I do have...they're just not warm enough.

Liz, you cracked me UP! Rinda, I miss reading your blog - haven't ready anybody's for about a month. Finally got a WIP out of my hair, though, so once this next one is put to bed, I'll be back! You always have such interesting stuff on your blog.

Thanks again to ALL of you for the support. Time for me to pull on my clothes (hiking in pj's isn't too bright).

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Melany said...

Good luck with the quitting and the writing. You can do it. And your lungs really will thank you.

Michele, that is so me. Food is my addiction *sigh*.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks