Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's ALMOST Christmas


Retirement Planning


If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.

With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00.

With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.

With Lucent, you would have $3.50 left of the original $1000.00

But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have had $214.00. Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. It's called the 401-Keg Plan.


now for a holiday recipe

BAKED STUFFED TURKEY
18-20 lb. Turkey
2 cups melted butter
2 bags of stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good.)
2 cups uncooked popcorn
(ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and
the turkey flies across the room, it's done.


And, you thought I couldn't cook...



Tidbits

Think you’ve had trouble getting technical support before? Read this. AOL to close their last call center.

THANK YOU LIVVIE for the info on whipping my wrinkled old behind back into shape (see previous post about my ass if you dare). I have the weights, so am starting this routine this afternoon. *grin*

To everyone who is visiting my blog today, here's a little message just for you.

Here is the original link, in case you wish to send this to others.

Shout-Outs to Janet & Helen for today's cartoons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a visitor to your blog today, thanks for the "special" thanks. Very cool.

I checked out the advice from your friend about re-hauling sagging asses. I have the weights (they belong to my kids) and I have the legs (still) but I'm terrified as to what damage I may cause doing the lunges. I'll either fall, get stuck or wreck my back. This is a no-win situation.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer Archer said...

Hi Lyn,

Love the cartoons. And I can sure use the sagging ass tips. All my sitting in front of the computer lately has done its damage. Saw your post on my blog. I have been a bad blogger but am going to give a another go. Hope you'll drop by!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Beth, it's always a pleasure to see you here. And, Jennifer, I'm not the greatest blogger - but enjoy it when you drop in. Fully intend on checking your blog more often, too.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Lyn,

That santa picture is sick! ROFLMAO!

Tanya

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for being such a fun blogger!!
LOL about the turkey and the popcorn. I'm a dismal cook so I didn't catch on to the joke until the very end!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Love the cartoon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks