Tuesday, May 01, 2007

tee-shirt winners, bits about RT conference

Quickie Post (I've been sleeping all day)

Winners of the tee-shirts from Playgirl Magazine are Merry (the black shirt) and Sam (the white shirt) - send me your street addies to Milkbone Undies @ excite . com without the spaces - and WHOO-HOO - THANKS for posting and playing. I always enjoy your comments anyway - lol.

Breathing room: I had a really great time at RT, but one thing slammed into my brain so hard that this time I'm doing something about it. There were more and more and more people on oxygen, and when I got home, The Kids took me out for a Mexican dinner at The Salty Iguana, and the 3 of us had our last cigarette at the end of the meal. Threw our packs into the trash on our way out. Now sticking with it is gonna be hard - harder for Jessica, because she wasn't quite prepared. Josh has been wishing to do this for some time, but it had to be cold turkey for him. Well, it's now cold turkey for me. I promise not to be one of those former smokers who blasts their smoker friends - I'm just doing this for me. Lost one friend to COPD last year, might lose yet another this year, and...I have weak lungs anyway, so smoking is just stupid for me to do.

Photos: I have scads of photos to share once I wake up - I've been asleep ALL day. Woke up at 9, ate the leftovers I'd brought home from the Iguana - I know - eww - but not really - they were great. Have to wake Jess up, because looks like she slept as well.

Sleeping in snatches: It's all over the RT boards, so I may as well share it. My Aussie friend - ahem - I won't say the Alexis word - wrote that she hadn't slept well, that she'd slept in snatches, and sewer mind here just fell to the floor laughing. Well, I told that to our Samhain editor, Angie, who brought it up in her talk at the Samhain Spotlight, and Lex is about to kill me - and I'm sorry for the run-on. Ann Wesley Hardin cooked up a new tagline for Lex's signature: Writing In Snatches.

Samhain editor Angela James: Angie was so sweet - she took a photo of me at the booksigning to send to Playgirl Magazine - and the book she photographed wasn't even a Samhain book. I'll have to blog about her sometime in depth. Angie is gorgeous, energetic, intelligent, the best editor imaginable, and now this - to me, that was going the distance, and she got absolutely nothing out of that other than helping out one of her authors, so...I bow before greatness of character. Ask me if I'll be loyal to her now - lol. She probably set me up, the little heifer. No, I'm not paranoid. *wink* Anyway, she's marvelous and I can't say enough good about this woman. The photo just cemented an already sturdy admiration for her.

All for now - will be back in a day or two (dental appointment tomorrow - UGH).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Glad I won, glad you had fun!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Sam as in This Sam????

Yay!!!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

Yay for you on the giving up smoking! Sounds like you had a great time.

I had the priviledge of meeting Angela a few months ago. I read her blog and went up to introduce myself. I see all your compliments in that one meeting of her.

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

yes, SAM - lol

Kate, I hate it that I ruined that phrase for myself - there was just something...I started giggling...and wah - another lost colloquialism (did I spell that right?).

Miss Merry, let me know if that's not your cuppa, ya know?

Mechele, Angie almost defies description - as in too good to be true. Very happy I got her as an editor. Very.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos for throwing the butts away. I'm SOOO proud of you! I can attest that the life of an ex-smoker is not as bleak as Phillip Morris would have you believe (he he).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks