Sunday, April 01, 2007

New Beginnings

Rather dumb probably, but I'm one of those people who enjoys weeds that look like flowers--you know--the kind that crop up with the first green grass of spring. The dogs like to roll in the stuff, and it always makes me smile. When I was little, I used to pick these and others for my Easter basket. Never knew why, but then I never understood the buying of frilly dreses and new white gloves and shoes for the occasion either.

I've been playing with photos on Blogger, and somehow this one turned out like some sort of Impressionist painting with all pixels firing like rogue crayons gone amock.

The next shot is of my neighbor's tulips.


Winter is my season for doing the most writing. One of my spring uh-ohs is that I don't write as much. I do a lot of planning (planting, if you will, for future gardens). But I spend more time outdoors than I do inside unless the heat is unbearable.




Speaking of new beginnings, though, thought I'd pose some thoughts for the writers who lurk. Dorchester has a new line coming out, and they're even sponsoring a 'ball' at the Romantic Times convention in Houston called The Immortals Ball, where everyone dresses as their favorite Immortal. But when I went to the website, what I found was that this isn't a line open to other writers - it's already established, the authors picked. I guess part of me is wondering why host a ball for one group of authors to hawk their wares instead of one where the five hundred or so writers attending could feel welcome to submit something to the line? Or am I not thinking this through? You can see it for yourself here.

And here are the current guidelines posted on Dorchester’s website.


Ellora's Cave is sponsoring a ball, for instance, called The Moulin Rouge Ball, where everyone is welcome to attend and dress the part, and they're also hosting hours devoted to educating those who wish to submit to their line--meaning that it's an OPEN line, all authors not yet chosen.

Here are the current guidelines for Ellora’s Cave.

There's a new line we'll hear more about at RT, and I'll keep you posted on that later. I have a couple of friends who have agreed to post photos and information to my blog while I'm in Houston that week, in case any of you wish to keep up with the parties, the HUNKS (the Mr. Romance cover model pageant is that week), the champagne & chocolate, and what's new.
Until next time...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger Liz Wolfe said...

I suppose they're targeting the readers who will be there, but still, that seems like a lot of money and effort to target only a few hundred readers.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I love weeds that look like flowers too - and I don't mind nettles and dandilions.
All plants have their virtues.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Kate said...

yo, did you notice your book is up at EC?

Huh?

That guy with the tattoos can't be real. That's just disturbing.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Kate said...

You have "friends" posting for you?
Hmm.
I guess I know what that means.

I'll have to be a pain in the ass to your REAL friends.

Sigh. Work, work, work.
I forgot to say Congratulations on your book being up. Forgot that part!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks