Sunday, June 24, 2007

my Father's Day gifts
















How a woman tells her child she wants a Father's Day gift. First she writes under an assumed name - that of a man - and then she tells her son (who buys this) that if she's gonna be a gender bender, she expects a Father's Day gift or two.


Son complies, much to his mother's surprise. Since she'd expressed interest in a fire bowl and a gazebo so she could sip coffee or margaritas outside if it was raining...




Since she'd stated she'd like a fire bowl for roasting weiners or marshmallows in the fall...


Son grants her wish and spends an entire afternoon sorting parts and putting them together. Then when his girlfriend gets home from work, she joins the fun, even though she has to stretch a tad to reach the top of the structure to help out with nuts and bolts.













And a good dog always knows his place.










Then once the gazebo is ready for use...
























Place potted plants, wind chimes, candles, and incense on the shelves, and enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Michele said...

That's a spectacular addition to your outdoor living space.
What a wonderful gift.
Bet you felt the love that day!
So, have you christianed it with a party yet?

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Beth said...

You are one lucky Mom!
(Or "Dad" - or whatever...)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

THANKS, Michele & Beth (and, yes, Beth - I am the luckiest woman I know). *grin*

We christened the gazebo with a Mexican dinner last night. First the margaritas with tortilla chips, homemade black bean dip (with lime, salt, sugar - quite a bite to it, bit too much salt...must watch that next time), salsa, and sour cream. Followed by pan-cooked beef muchaca (and I'm sure I misspelled that) burritos, tacos, and I think salad. I've slept since then.

Very small party of 3, but just perfect.

Now if I can just drag Merry's butt down here...Jess and I haven't seen the Garage Sale Girls in way too long.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Merry said...

It'll be a few weeks before I get there...sigh. Home construction is exciting! The house is not going up fast enough, though.

BTW, I have the very same gazebo! I love it! We slept out there one night and we nap in there in the afternoons if its not too hot. I have the screen surround because out here by the lake we get mosquitoes more often.

I will look forward to a homecooked Mexican meal when I finally get up there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks