Friday, June 15, 2007

Storms & Sex

Storm over Reagan Int'l Airport, DC, June 13th














These were taken before the storms (multilple) hit.















By the time the sky was too black for me to photograph with my little cell phone camera, the airport had shut down completely. Passengers stranded, every possible electrical outlet plugged by passengers who wanted to phone home but couldn't due to lack of charge on the batteries.














And before I left for the aiport, I had a mocha frappacinno at Starbucks while waiting for my friend Mike to get off work in the building below, just steps away from where I sat. It was interesting to see all the umbrella-covered stalls downtown that sold everything from pop to bottled water, pretzels, chips, and nuts.
We don't have these in the Midwest - lol.
We also don't have the street people, those sleeping outside businesses, with all their possessions in plastic bags wrapped around their arms to keep others from stealing from them. I didn't know whether to be pissed off (because there are those who work the streets like pros then go home and change into their dressier clothes to go out with their friends or families - I watched it happen myself - same guys who had been bums were in Polo shirts and slacks hours later)...or...
I felt scandalized. Then someone who worked on Capitol Hill told me that many of the street people have mental problems (duh) - seriously paranoid ones, or they're hero worshipers and think of the government as some kind of collective that will fix all their woes. Sorry, there's where I have a problem, but then my hero worship doesn't extend to George.

When I got home, it was 1 am, and I should have arrived the previous day at 10:30 am - lol. Bit of a wait. I wound up staying at my friends' home for five hours, then Ollie's restaurant, Barnes & Noble bookstore, and Starbucks for another four hours. Add to all of that another seven hours at the airport, and...voila.
My pilot and his crew were fantastic, though - even though the customer service at the airport sucked arse.
I'm home, though - will add more to the blog later. Thanks for hanging in there with me.
Oh - the sex? I sold another book to Ellora's Cave. More on that later as well. *grin*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I, uh, tagged you. (g)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks