Thursday, May 31, 2007

Celebrations & Sharing

As of mid-June, I'll be a 10-year cancer survivor. Every day past the C word is progress, but somehow I felt like sharing the news on the 10-yr anniversary - it just seems like a big one to me. I had my yank-the-ute party in 1997 and have been celebrating ever since. My friend Willie had a double mastectomy that same summer, so here's a shout-out to her as well - way to go, girlfriend!

http://www.infoplease.com/year/1900.html is a link Janet sent me - I chose 1900, but you can plug in any year after that down at the bottom of the page - it's a great source for writers - THANKS, JANET!

Here's what Lex sent me this morning (and THANK YOU, LEX and reviewer ANITA):

Leaving Mama by Bobbie Cole receives 5 Hearts, reviewed by Anita http://theromancestudio.com:80/reviews/reviews/leavingmamacole.htm

Received this from Nick at Ellora's Cave after I sent him a submission entitled Knights & White Satin for their Torrid Tarot line: Great story. Powerful, moving. Love the characters. If you’re willing, it’s a go. This will be a Cash Cole book - in other words, m /m.

My first royalty check on Crystal Clear Persuasion arrived - and looks like it sold just under 400 copies the first month, so THANK YOU to the readers and buyers for that one! I phoned Summer Devon, who had the 1st book in the series, and she said she'd had a bit of a jump on her sales for Invisible Touch, so looks like readers are picking up the other stories as well. WHOO-HOO!

Smooth Ride is still doing very well!

Finally got tee-shirts mailed out for Sam and Merry, who won the Playgirl tees last month after I got home from RT convention in Houston. Be looking for them, ladies - mailed them about 5-6 days ago. (Sam, yours went to the address in the States.)

Jess and I went to The Salty Iguana yesterday to celebrate the sale to EC, and I'm afraid that Mom's margarita got her quite snockered. The chicken nachos were terrific, too. Afterwards, we went for groceries, bought lotto tickets, won, played a while. When I wasn't looking, Jess took a photo of her ta-tas and sent to The Kid, who opened his flip phone during a business meeting and exposed his woman's photo to those sitting around him before he could get the phone closed. I just sent him one of me with a silly grin.

The rain has been crazy - makes me wonder what DC will be like next week, what with it being hurricane season and all. I've not done DC in June.

Another link from Janet: http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/hummingbirds.asp

And I'll end with a joke Janet sent last week:

Pet Fish

A Saskatchewan man was stopped by a game warden recently with two ice chests full of live fish in water, leaving a river well known for its fishing.

The game warden asked the man, "Do you have a license to catch those fish?"

"Naw, my friend, I ain't got no license. These here are my pet fish."

"Pet fish?"

"Yep. Every night I take these fish down to the river and let 'em swim' round for a while. Then I whistle and they jump right back into this ice chest and I take 'em home."

"That's a bunch of BS! Fish can't do that!"

The man looked at the game warden for a moment and then said, "It's the truth. I'll show you. It really works."

"Okay, I've GOT to see this!" The man poured the fish into the river and stood and waited. After several minutes, the game warden turned to him and said, "Well?"

"Well, what?" said the man.

"When are you going to call them back?"

"Call who back?"

"The FISH!"

"What fish?"


People in Saskatchewan may not be as smart as some, but they ain't as dumb as others!!

* * *OMG* * *


Sharyl just sent this one to me, so pardon me, those of you who have already read this or those who have me on one of those timer/reminder thingies that tell you each time I post, but...here goes - and THANKS, SHARYL! - lol


FORREST GUMP GOES TO HEAVEN


The day finally arrived. Forrest Gump dies and goes to Heaven. He is at the Pearly Gates, met by St. Peter himself. However, the gates are closed, and Forrest approaches the gatekeeper.

St. Peter said, "Well, Forrest, it is certainly good to see you. We have heard a lot about you. I must tell you, though, that the place is filling up fast, and we have been administering an entrance examination for everyone. The test is short, but you have to pass it before you can get into Heaven."
Forrest responds, "It sure is good to be here, St. Peter, sir. But nobody ever told me about any entrance exam. I sure hope that the test ain't too hard. Life was a big enough test as it was."
St. Peter continued, "Yes, I know, Forrest, but the test is only three questions. First: What two days of the week begin with the letter T? Second: How many seconds are there in a year? Third: What is God's first name?"

Forrest leaves to think the questions over. He returns the next day and sees St. Peter, who waves him up, and says, "Now that you have had a chance to think the questions over,
tell me your answers."

Forrest replied, "Well, the first one -- which two days in the week begins with the letter "T"?
Shucks, that one is easy. That would be Today and Tomorrow."
The Saint's eyes opened wide and he exclaimed, "Forrest, that is not what I was thinking, but you do have a point, and I guess I did not specify, so I will give you credit for that answer. How about the next one?" asked St. Peter. "How many seconds in a year?"

"Now that one is harder," replied Forrest, but I thunk and thunk about that, and I guess the only answer can be twelve."
Astounded, St. Peter said, "Twelve? Twelve? Forrest, how in Heaven's name could you come up with twelve seconds in a year?"

Forrest replied, "Shucks, there's got to be twelve: January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd... "
"Hold it," interrupts St. Peter. "I see where you are going with this, and I see your point, though that was not quite what I had in mind....but I will have to give you credit for that one, too. Let us go on with the third and final question. Can you tell me God's first name"?
"Sure," Forrest replied, "it's Andy."
"Andy?" exclaimed an exasperated and frustrated St Peter. "Ok, I can understand how you
came up with your answers to my first two questions, but just how in the world did you come up with the name Andy as the first name of God?"
"Shucks, that was the easiest one of all," Forrest replied. "I learnt it from the song, "ANDY
WALKS WITH ME, ANDY TALKS WITH ME, ANDY TELLS ME I AM HIS OWN."
St. Peter opened the Pearly Gates, and said: "Run Forrest, run."


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Congratulations on the 10 year mark - wonderful news. (I just had my "yank-the-ute" moment. Ouch.)

And congratulations as to all your book successes - you deserve all good news!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Lord bless you - it's not fun, is it? :(

Thanks! I've MISSED you!

I noticed where Alice (from our writing class) sold her novella to EC - and while I was at RT in Houston I picked up a Secrets from like 2002 that had a story of hers in it, alongside other writers like Liz Maverick and Mary Janice Davidson!

Heart of Dixie is sponsoring another course in August (I *think* that's when it is). Just an FYI - lol - not hinting, honest. Told them I'd like to do only 1 week of the confessions this time and devote the other week to novellas. We shall see. :)

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Hi Lyn!
Congratulations on your ten year anniversary - and may you have many more!!!
Loved the jokes - ha ha. Andy! And I'll be looking out for the tee shirt. Yay! At last, something to wear for those stuffy family dinners...

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Hey CONGRATS on the 10 year anniversary. I've been one of the lucky people whose life you've enriched, so I'm thankful, too.

All my life we called that song "The Andy Song" and I was always jealous that my sister Margaret Shirley was in the Bible and I wasn't (Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life...)

As for the hummingbirds - 'tis true - here's a photo from my blog of ME with one landing on my finger.

http://merrystahel.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html

I got my T-shirt about 2 days ago! Yippee! The husband was duly impressed LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks