Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My Mother's Day

I have about 3 weeks before my next trip - this time to DC, so I've been doing a bit of walking to stay in shape. Seems they have a few museums and sites in this place. The photo to the left was taken with my camera phone, and I liked the shading in it so thought I'd share.
One of these days I'll learn how to take photos like Sam does. *sigh* Okay, one can dream.
Speaking of Sam, I have a meme to do, I believe - ack - I read it about 3 days after she posted it and smooth forgot about it until just now! I'll do that next!


Mother's Day had gorgeous weather, but we're back to the grey skies and occasional thunderstorm or shower. Welcome to the new swamplands - lol - the Midwest!


Speaking of Mother's Day, my roses are still pretty. Have a look.

Yeah, those are my daily meds next to them - lol - forgot to get rid of them for the photo. The flowers were a gift from Short Kid, aka DIL2B. The flat screen tv next to the printer was a gift from Tall Kid, aka #1 Son. Do they know how to keep me chained to my room so I'll write, or what?!

To sweeten the pot, though, they took me out to eat both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday we went to The Salty Iguana's Mexican cuisine (their chicken enchiladas are wonderful!), and Sunday I was treated to Old Chicago's pizza & appetizers. Had never been there but hope to go back - excellent service (hi, Audrey!) and terrific food.

One more thing before I go. Friend Kathy M sent this link to me - just blew me away. http://postsecret.blogspot.com/ - Here's what she said when she sent it:

At the beginning of 2005, Frank Warren launched a new blog called PostSecret as an experiment in community art, inviting strangers to mail him anonymous postcards that made art out of their innermost secrets and then posting a selection of the cards every week on his blog. Within a year, his blog was one of the five most popular in the world, and his first book, PostSecret, was one of the surprise bestsellers of 2005. Each card bears an intimate and powerful secret—at turns inspirational, shocking, hilarious, and poetic—that is told through original illustrations, photographs, collages, and other creative means. Sample messages include:


"I am avoiding you because you are socially below me."
"I know the truth to the lie my parents tell... "
"My friends think I was homeschooled. I spent high school in juvi."

Okay, time to look up the meme and do it. SORRY, SAM!

Hope the rest of you had a nice weekend.





----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Angela James said...

Hey, you're going to be in my neck of the woods! You're going to be sightseeing? Fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks