Sunday, January 20, 2008

Tagged...7 Things About Myself

I'm not that interesting, so don't get your hopes up, but here ya go, Alexis. (Blame Ann Cory - she's the one who tagged Lex - lol.)

1. I'm ambidextrous in a weird way. I can write my name with both hands, backwards - as in the right one mirroring the left one - simultaneously...that sort of thing. Could also play the piano upside down and backwards (I was upside down or backwards - not the piano.)



2. I got drafted for the armed forces - boy's name, etc - got "the letter" to show up or I'd be arrested. I showed up in a mini - this was during the Viet Nam War - and my doctor said "Go home. I'll take care of it." - Never heard from Uncle Sam again regarding the matter. (I also wound up in boys' dormitories and gym classes, etc, but that's another story.) So the closest I ever got to that war (thankfully) was visiting the memorial in DC decades later.


3. Let's see...I come from a long line of artists and sculptors and carvers - one even had works in the Smithsonian - but I can barely paint a straight line. I did wind up in the museum, however, because while I was never a model child, I was a child model, and a particularly good artist enjoyed photographing and painting me. (No, I wasn't related to him - lol.)

4. Light isn't my friend - I see better in the dark. On the other hand, I *am* night blind as well as light blind.

5. There was a time when I had a rather strong allergic reaction to the sun. It froze the capillaries in my forehead, and I looked like someone out of "Planet of the Apes" - scary. I forget what they call that...other than just weird.

6. I was a concert pianist by the time I was 11, but I haven't played the piano in about 25 years now. Don't ask.


7. I can regulate my blood pressure and body temperature just by meditating or concentrating. Well, used to. Haven't tried in ages, because it wears me out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger Merry said...

You're looking good! Lots of interesting tidbits, too. Its funny how you think you know someone...and then...LOL.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Lyvvie said...

But...I really want to ask!! (re the 25 years no piano) Do you talk more once liquored up?

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, Mer - but that was taken in DC last summer - lol.

Lyvvia, I was from a small town, and everyone expected me to play the piano. May sound weird, but I played piano or organ for damned near every funeral or wedding in the county during one period, and I think maybe I just got tired of performing. Got tired of people thinking of me as the musician, when there was more in me. Plus...just like psychologists suggest that intrinsically linear people and those who live in their heads get more creative? People who are creative need to balance things out by getting more into their minds, and I dropped music at a time when I was in pre-med.

Do I talk more once liquored up? - ROFLMAO - Dunno. I'm told that I'm a happy drunk, that I get over-heated and start shedding clothes once my nose starts itching and that everybody is my 'friend', so I'd imagine so. I just don't drink often. Haven't been *drunk* since somewhere around 1972 except maybe once in 1997.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Okay - that last bit has to be a lie. I drank too much one Friday night in Reno, 2005. X and Lex had to pour me into bed, so that's pretty snockered. And I woke up when I heard the cops banging on the door across the hall, sat up and hollered that I didn't do it, fell back onto the bed and snoozed like a baby.

How easily we forget. doh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks