Thursday, December 06, 2007

First snow of the season

I am not a true midwesterner, despite my genealogy. I still freeze from early October through March, and I'm still amazed at the amount of snow we get here.

I'm starting off today's post by stealing Heather's O' Christmas Tree photograph - lol. Light it UP.

***

Her photos of snow are so much better than mine, which I’m putting up anyway, that I don’t feel too bad for “borrowing”, sorry, not stealing, this one.

* * *

We obviously know who shaves, right? I mean, wouldn't that sh** catch fire if he didn't? *blinks* Innocent here. I've not had lights that close to the girls or the...hoo-ha.

* * *



I AM sorry for those doors fleezing shut, though, Ms. Heather - ack.

So to the left is a photo of what the patio looked like after about 2 minutes of snow.


Same porch railing and bin 90 minutes later.





<<~~~ House across the street a couple of hours after the snow began. The family with five kids moved, along with their blow-up Halloween and Christmas decorations. It looks weird seeing that yard mowed, flowers on the front porch or in the yard, and nothing eight feet tall with lights. *** I liked the other folks - don't get me wrong. Well, I liked the husband and the kids - lol. The woman was a heifer. But I got a kick out of watching that little boy move his 'tombstones' around the front yard at Halloween and see him kicking about the snow during winter. He was a hoot.


***


Something to make you smile and maybe laugh out loud. Could this be
a true story? You be the judge.


The Buttocks


A married couple was in a terrible accident where the Mans face was severely burned. The doctor told the Husband that they couldn't graft any skin from his body because he was too skinny. So the wife offered to donate some of her own skin. However, the only skin on her body that the doctor felt was suitable would have to come from her buttocks.

* * *

The husband and wife agreed that they would tell no one about where the skin came from, and they requested that the doctor also honor their secret. After all, this was a very delicate matter.

* * *

After the surgery was completed, everyone was astounded at the man's new face. He looked more handsome than he ever had before! All his friends and relatives just went on and on about his youthful beauty!

* * *

One day, he was alone with his wife, and he was overcome with emotion at her sacrifice. He said, "Dear, I just want to thank you for everything you did for me. How can I possibly repay you?"

* * *

"My darling," she replied, "I get all the thanks I need every time I see your mother kiss you on the cheek."



***



One more thing. That frickin' tomato plant that I've been nursing? The one I was determined to get at least one tomato off of??? Well, here's how the tomato crop is doing...



Have a nice evening, everybody! Thanks for stopping by.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 3:05 AM, Blogger Lyvvie said...

I love the picture of the hot guy in lights! but can't stop worrying if those lights are hot - they're LED right?

We keep being threatened with snow, but it's just rain so far. The kids are desperate for a good romp in the snow. With Scotland being near the Gulf Stream, big snow is rather rare. I still can't look at the stuff without thinking - shoveling? Again?!

Love the joke. Deeply.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

1. I want HIM under my tree.

2. Loved the joke about the arse on the face, and the MIL kiss. I can SOOOOO relate. ;-)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

Haha! Nice pic! We've been getting freezing rain here. Nothing today but damp! Yuck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks