Sunday, December 02, 2007

Halloween Is Over

But...there are still a few things that scare me.

As a woman, what concerns me…

1. not having the right to call my body my own, to be able to decide what I feel is best for me (and if it’s the case, the child I’m carrying) – but then this has been a concern for decades, not only of women but of men

2. losing ground with women’s rights – it hasn’t been all that long since we were even given the RIGHT to vote

3. children and their parents who battle fear of sending those kids to public schools or even DAY CARE – what the hell happened to us that we fear for our lives or those of our children simply because they want/need an education and some nut case can’t (or refuses) to deal with their own problems without involving me and mine – terrorism on any level is just wrong – and this is a global problem, of course, and had been for years



4. it bugs the ever-lovin’ shit out of me that we have the technology to put a man on the moon but can’t come up with a pantyhose that doesn’t run or a cure for AIDS



5. the Republican party candidates for Presidency, especially McCain and Romney

And I’ll stop on that one before I start a laundry list that never ends. Anyway, those are my concerns for the day. Maybe I need to borrow a line (okay, paraphrasing this) from one of my own books (Lethal Lasagna hasn't been purchased yet)...
Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.


I need to get back to looking for other things that make me happy.
Like this song...a rather sentimental *snort* one that Janet (who else) sent me:
http://fknblazed.com/movies/snow.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

I'm a cynic through and through. Who's to say those birds weren't inserted after the fact? LOL!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

oooh - don't do that to me - lol - leave me a FEW illusions!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks