Sunday, November 11, 2007

Coffees & Gyms

1. There is life after Treadmill.
2. Treadmills Do Not appreciate non-smokers (ahem) who cheat.
3. Cardio is not some Italian stud who is my trainer…alas.
4. Flavored water does not include Caffeine Free Diet Coke.
5. Chesty women shouldn’t jog. Ask my two black eyes.
6. Swimsuits purchased when Clinton was in office generally don’t fit well.
7. Never assume. Just because the octogenarian ahead of you can bench press 600 pounds does not mean that I can, and it’s OKAY.
8. I really miss my McDonald’s Big Macs & Quarter Pounders With Cheese. Hell, I just miss cheese.
9. I love having more energy—I’m just too whipped to do anything with it at present.
10. Coffee is still my friend.

I love my Scooter’s flavored coffees. My latest acquisitions have been their Crème brûlée, German Chocolate Cake, and Southern Pecan. I'm taking bags of these to San Francisco next summer to use while Lex & I are at RWA.

Hot Stuff - The Basics

Hot Coffee drinks come in several different variations.

· Espresso - Often called a "shot", this is a small serving of very strong coffee, and forms the basis of all the other specialty coffee drinks.
· Latte - Espresso with steamed milk and a little bit of foam on top.
· Cappuccino - Espresso with frothed milk on top.
· Espresso Machiatto - Espresso with very little foam.
· Breve - A latte made with half and half rather than milk.
· Cafe au Lait - Steamed milk with brewed coffee (not espresso).
· Mocha - Latte with dark chocolate.
· White Mocha - Latte with white chocolate
· Americano - Espresso with hot water.
· Italiano - Espresso in brewed coffee.
· Steamer - Not really coffee at all, but steamed milk with one of several flavors added. (Kids love 'em.)

I’m not through sampling all of these…in time…in time…

Espresso Drinks


· Espresso - Freshly pulled golden honey
· Latte - Espresso with steamed milk and a touch of froth
· Mocha - Same as Latte except with chocolate
· Caramelicious - Latte with caramel sauce and caramel whipped cream
· White Mocha - Same as Mocha except we use white chocolate
· Cappuccino - Espresso with lots of frothy milk and a little steamed milk
· Americano - Espresso with water
· Breve - Same as Latte except we use half and half instead of milk
· Candy Bar Drink - Snickers, Almond Joy ... you name it, with whipped cream


So…I’m sore as hell, but I am still able to sit long enough to sip my favorite brews. Like I said, there IS life after Treadmill.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

That last thingie looks interesting. A portable man without a head. LOL!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Leave it to the Far East to come up with something like this. *g* I got the feeling that it was for a woman who wanted the comfort of a man without the headache. Who knows? - lol

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Lyvvie said...

Not as disturbing as other dismembered human parts used for relaxing that I've seen out of Japan.

Treadmills, the joy and the pain! As a large breasted woman (36E) who uses one frequently, may I suggest the Enell bra. It's a bulletproof wonder for DDs and above(especially recommended for women who've had breast surgery). I don't exercise without it. They are expensive, but are extremely well made and last. Seriously: no bounce.

I'll be thinking of my Italian love, Cardio.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Hey, Lyvvie - THANKS! I hate wearing underwear anyway, so the more comfortable the better. *grin* (I'm like a 40DD, damn it.)

They have OTHER dismembered parts used for *relaxing*??? The only thing that I can even imagine would be a penis pillow or something - lol. - ack

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Funy pillows, lol
And LOL about Cardio not being the Italian personal trainer. I'll have to remember that one.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Lyvvie said...

Oh my goodness yes. The girlfriend knee pillow designed for those poor salarymen who just need to rest their weary heads.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

omg - THANKS for the link, Lyvvie - cracking up here, can barely type - I gotta send that link to a friend - aaaaahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks