Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Coffee, Tea, & Sympathy

It's rare that I post on a Tuesday, so I thought I would. *shrug* Why save up what little I know for a Thursday Thirteen, in other words? - lol

The morning started with The Girl bringing me a white mocha breve and blueberry muffin from Scooter’s. After a quick run to post some mail, we returned home, took turns in the one bathroom we have - she had to get ready for work, and I had a lunch 'coffee meeting' with another writer.

The meeting was a lot of fun. Carol Lynne also writes m/m, and she's an interesting lady. We browsed books at Borders, sampled their wares at the snack bar, and swapped information and stories concerning publishing.

Nooo, no big gossip to tell - just two new friends bonding over caffeine. Both of us happen to write for the same publisher in England as well as one in the States.

Diabetic here has had too much sugar for the day, but she's a happy camper who enjoyed exploring the bookstore, meeting Carol, and seeing the pretty fall foliage in our area.

My First Sale to True Story

I have no clue what issue will feature it, but a story called "Drunk Every New Year's" should appear within the next two to three issues. I've written for just about every other magazine at Dorchester Media but never this one, so I was delighted to receive the word from Associate Editor Heather Josepowitz. Have talked to her a time or two via email, and she sounds delightful. I look forward to working with her.


In Pursuit of Woman's World Magazine

This week's short short romance was written by Stephen D. Rogers. He's on my WW Yahoo loop and seems like a nice fellow. His story has made him my new rabbit to chase. I wanna sell to that magazine - pay is like $1000 for 4 or 5 pages, which ain't bad. There's another woman on the loop who just sold her SEVENTH story to them. *sigh* Okay, they don't know it, but they are gonna buy something of mine - it's a done deal in my mind. Stephen's story is called "Hearts Collide" and is in the November 6th issue.

Edits But No Pub Date on Knights

First round of edits are done on Knights & White Satin - whoo hoo. Ellora's Cave editor was to get back with me last Friday, and...he must be busy. But I figure I should get the second round soon. Hope so!

Definite Pub Date for Playing the Ace!

January 7th, unless I have totally screwed this up - with Total ebound Books in England! YAAAAY!!!!! This story is part of a trilogy with fellow writers Summer Devon and Alexis Fleming. More on that as the date approaches.

Time to READ?

Hope so! I have one of Kate's historicals (well, a partial) to read, and I have a partial of Lex's next erotic adventure for TEB to read. I've been so under the gun with my own BS lately that I haven't had opportunity to read for enjoyment, so I'm looking forward to both stories.

Today's Jokes - courtesy of Helen


The football coach noticed that his star tackle, Bubbahad so many women hanging around that he couldn'tpossibly handle all of them.

So one day he askedBubba, "Just what the hell is your secret?"

So Bubba replies, "Well Coach, whenever I'm about to have sex, I always whip it out and bang it on the dresser like a hammer. That numbs it and I can screw 'em forever!"

The coach went home early one day, and went to the bedroom. He heard his wife in the shower. Seeing a window of opportunity, he tore off his clothes and started banging it on the dresser.

His wife stuck her head out of the shower and said,"That you Bubba?"

...........and.............last but not least....................

Three old ladies named Gertrude, Maude, andTilly were sitting on a park bench having a quiet conversation when a flasher approached from across the park. The flasher came up to the ladies, stood right infront of them and opened his trench coat.

Gertrude immediately had a stroke. Then Maudealso had a stroke. But Tilly, being older and more feeble, couldn't reach that far.

And Sunny Lyn's favorite photo of the week....

Who Are They?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Congrats on the sale, lady. You're just unstoppable! Keep up the good work.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thankee, thankee - lol. I figure I've sat on my duff long enough. It's just been "time", ya know?

Happy writing to you as well.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

Tell me about it. LOL!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Whoo Hoo! Congrats on all the books and sales! And best of luck for the Woman's World piece - that would be exciting!

Carol Lynn sounds like a lovely lady - and all in all, it sounded like a nice day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks