Wednesday, December 12, 2007

December 13th's Thirteen

Thirteen Things re: December 13, 2007


Lots of things to be thankful for this season, to appreciate...

First...there's family. Love.







Then there's home... I like seeing the plants against the windows because I can see the snow and ice just a few feet away.








Being a stay-at-home writer.


Well-tended streets after an ice storm.


Still having internet after an ice storm!!!


Driveways that aren't COMPLETELY frozen (there are leaves that break your fall on the ice - lol).



Warm boots.


Here's a better shot.











Fresh baked bread.


Starbucks coffees. Daughter-in-law-2-be even bought me a Starbucks ornament this year. It's a tiny snow globe sitting on a starbucks cup.



Neighbors who decorate for Christmas.














Stores that are open 24 hours - lol.





Mother Nature. Even frozen, she's still lovely.











Jokes from Janet, of course.

This guy was lonely and so he decided life would be more fun if he had a pet. So he went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet. After some discussion he finally bought a centipede, (100 leg bug, remember), which came in a little white box to use forhis house. He took the box home, found a good location for the box, and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to the bar for a drink.So he asked the centipede in the box, 'Would you like to go to Frank'splace with me and have a beer?'

But there was no answer from his new Pet. This bothered him a bit, but he waited a few minutes and then asked him again, 'How about going to the bar and having a drink with me?'

But again there was no answer from his new friend and pet. So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation. He decided to ask himone more time. This time putting his face up against the centipede's house and shouting, "Hey, in there! Would you like to go to Frank's place and have a drink with me?"


YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS....yes, you will...

A little voice came out of the box: 'I heard you the first time! I'm putting my frickin' shoes on!'


Oh, c'mon! Why are you groaning? THAT WAS CUTE! (and clean...cleaner than the squirrel's balls at any rate)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





Happy Holidays

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger Denise Patrick said...

"I'm putting my frickin' shoes on!" Hahahahahahaha!!!!

Seriously, another reason to love December 13 - it's my daughter's birthday!! She's 22 today! And, today I got some great news - but I'm going to make you check out my blog to find out! :~D

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

My friend Janet is so warped (she's the woman who sends me those jokes). *grin*

Read your blog - wow, BIG news. Congratulations again!!!!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Shesawriter said...

How the hell did they make that squirrel pic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks