Thursday, February 21, 2008

celebrating life

For those who weren't aware, I was gone the past several days because of a death in the family. My only sibling, a younger brother, passed away on Valentine's Day. Lots of family drama, two funerals in two different states, heartache, and sadness for me, our parents, and brother's immediate family, but I'm home, and I can still celebrate his wonderful life. Just hurts right now.


Thanks for the concern, those of you who knew what had happened. I'll get back on track and have something to post in a day or two.

Right now I'm teaching an online class for HOD on writing confessions, and I have some marvelous, talented people in there who are keeping me busy. *big grin* I am catching up on reading posts, trying to get some lessons in there to supplement what my moderators have posted, and it'll be a couple of days before I can answer all my email, so ya'll bear with me.


Have a great week. It's snowing like crazy here - sleet, snow, rain, hail, you name it - we've had it lately.




God bless, little brother. I'll always love and miss you.

[Sidenote: Lee snagged a record buck - this is a photo - and with the deer came an award of sorts. The place where he captured it lets the record breakers bury a rock with their name on it. His is near the entrance...I just can't think of the name of the place. I'm not a hunter myself, but hunting was one of my brother's many passions. And I loved the photo of him, so I'm posting it.]


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suns -- so sorry to read this. Hope there are lots and lots of happy memories to help dull the pain.

*hugs*

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, sweetie - there are - tons of happy memories. I appreciate your thinking of me and appreciate you posting! I miss you!!!!

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, how hard for you. I'm so, so sorry. My thoughts are with you. Hugs.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Mechele Armstrong said...

May happy memories dull the pain of your loss. I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, Rinda and Mechele. I'm still kinda numb. Last night, I stumbled across his last email to me (sent just before Christmas) and burst into tears. Takes time to heal - and I'll do it. Sure appreciate friends, though.

I gotta change this blog post to something else and move on tomorrow. Don't want to drag anyone down with it - just had to post a memorial to him. :)

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Merry said...

I was sorry to hear you'd lost Lee. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a sibling. Peace be with you. ~ M

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, Merry.

And thanks, Kate - sorry Blogger wouldn't let you post, but thanks for the private email.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've talked to you since you posted this, but I just wanted to chime in over here and let you know that anytime you need to talk, I'm here. I cannot imagine what I'd be like if I lost my little brother. Hold on to the funny memories and cherish the bittersweet moments the two of you had. Lee was extremely lucky to have you as a sister. ILY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks