Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Kids Are Engaged

Nothing like announcing it on the internet that I adore my son and daughter-in-law to be. The dress is here, the veil, the wedding rings purchased. She's told her mother, so I guess it's okay if I tell my friends and fellow writers - hehehe. No date selected yet. The groom has to have his ring re-sized, and it'll take up to 6 weeks. The Kid popped the question quite romantically and on my friend Lee's birthday.
* * *
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEE!!!!!!
* * *
I finally have a pub date for the novel Knights & White Satin - August 1st. Yeah, I know - it's a bit late, but...it is what it is, and hopefully readers will think it's well worth the wait. I love this book!
* * *
Sold an older woman, younger male novella to EC - I do suck at titles, though, so as soon as that's set, editor says he'll send contract. This one's pub date is June 12th.
* * *
Won't be home tonight, though, if you write. Spending a girls' night with Carol and Rhonda, munching sub sandwiches, probably watching movies or playing cards, so The Kids can have jungle sex or just stare at one another without anyone else in the house.


Ya'll have a good weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Merry said...

Oh goody - a wedding in the family! Yippee!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

ain't it grand? :)

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to the "kids", hon! And congrats to you, too! :)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, Kris!!!!!!!!

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh god...I can't imagine my kids ever being old enough to have Jungle Sex or any other kind of sex.

That's great that they are getting married and all....but sex? No. Sort of like the way I couldn't imagine my parents ever having sex.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

...which is precisely why I wanted out of the house, Trish - lol.

Now. That said. They didn't do anything I couldn't have stuck around for. They went to dinner at Chili's to celebrate the engagement then went to Wal-Mart for supplies, rented some movies and watched them, fell asleep in each other's arms, and woke up to clean the house.

They thought I'd bring Carol in; otherwise, they probably wouldn't have worked so hard. I just forgot to ask Carol if she wanted to come in and see the ring. - doh

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

I'm thrilled to pieces for them. Hugs and big congratulations. And for mama too. lol

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thank you, Alexis - for everything...the congrats, the GOWN...

The Girl was on Cloud 9 all weekend. Both of them just 'mooned' over one another for hours.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I love weddings!!!
How wonderful. Congratulations to the happy couple!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Thanks, Sam!

I'm brain dead after this weekend. Plus, I had to follow this writer named Samantha Winston at the TEB blog this past week. Wanna do my next blog for me? ANYBODY? - lol

Sorry I'm so far behind, folks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks