Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Writing 101 - Advances on ebooks

Someone recently asked me about advances, and to the best of my knowledge, there are 2 ebook publishers who offer these - Samhain (at least they used to) for $100, unless that's dropped, and Red Sage Publishing. RSP's advances depend upon the length of the book - anywhere from $50 or $100 to $250 to $500, I think. I 'll ASK their editors to come in and let you know for sure, and I'll post their responses in red on the main blog post - this one - as addendums.

If anyone else knows of others who offer advances, please advise.

As for advances on other publications, this gal has always kept up with the times, but it says on her website that it was last updated in 2006. I have the writers' info from the last RWA conference I attended, but THAT was 2006 as well. I'll see if I can find more current info.

http://www.karenafox.com/money.htm


The book cover has nothing to do with advances, unless you want to segue into my giving you an advance peek at the cover - lol. Alexis and I penned a short tale together for a new series called "Sexy Mythconceptions" - and this is our first cover. Debuts next month.

addendum:
Red Sage. The Leader in Women's Erotic Romance said...
Hi Lyn,We pay advances on everything, including e-books. The amount of the advance varies depending on a number of factors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger raine said...

Great looking cover, Lynn! :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Red Sage. The Leader in Women's Erotic Romance said...

Hi Lyn,

We pay advances on everything, including e-books. The amount of the advance varies depending on a number of factors.

Thanks!
Theresa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks