friendship funnies1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad.
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
This is my oath..... I pledge it to the end. "Why?" you may ask - "because you are my friend".
Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
Remind me, ya'll, if I am sick, whiny, sad, scared, or blue, and I'll immediately feel better if I know this is what's coming from you. - That 1st one was from Liz in Wichita Falls.
Here's another funny, this one from Cousin Shel':
THE TWELVE STEPS FOR RECOVERING GENEALOGISTS
1. I admit that I am powerless over my gedcom and that my life has become unmanageable.
2. I believe that there is a greater power other than genealogy and that it will restore sanity to my life.
3. I have made a decision to turn my life over to non genealogists and hope that they will understand me.
4. I have admitted to myself and other genealogists that I am addicted to my obituary files.
5. I vow to no longer discuss "dead people" with my few remaining friends in hopes that they will remain my friends.
6. I promise to take photographs of things other than tombstones.
7. My only source of reading material will no longer be census, wills, death certificates and obituaries.
8. I will not spend family vacations in out-of-state libraries and courthouses.
9. Family picnics will no longer be held in cemeteries.
10. My family will no longer be referred to as "the live ones."
11. My time spent on the Internet will be limited to sites other than Rootsweb.com, GenForum.com and MyGenealogy.com.
12. I will carry these messages to other genealogists and practice these principles every day.
P.S........Don't think you ever recover from this addiction
This 12 Step Program lasts a lifetime.
***That said, I'll be offline for a few days. Hugs to all of you who are sweet, bugs to those of you who don't like cutsie stuff.*** See ya on the flip side.