Monday, March 30, 2009

End of March This ‘n That

Have you ever wondered where intellectuals go for common sense? I opened my bag of medicines from the pharmacy and had to phone to let them know that a prescription was missing.
************************************************
Me: Everything is in the bag except for the blood pressure medicine.


*
Pharmacist: Let me check. (She comes back in a few seconds.) I don’t show that we sent you that one.


*
Me: Right.


*
Pharmacist: What’s the problem?


*
Me: I don’t have my blood pressure medicines.


*
Pharmacist: Did you check your bag?


*
Me: You’ve already told me that you didn’t send the pills.


*
Pharmacist: Right. We can’t send them.


*
Me: Why?


*
Pharmacist: We don’t have any mailers.


*
Me: You have envelopes, right?


*
Pharmacist: We can’t mail any prescriptions without a self-addressed and stamped mailer from you.


*
Me: (thinking – How friggin’ difficult is this? – You can WRITE, can’t you? FIND AN ENVELOPE.) I sent that – you returned it with everything in it except the blood pressure medicines.


*
Pharmacist: Do you need them?


*
Me: (thinking: Now, more than I did five minutes ago.) My doctor seems to think so.


*
Pharmacist: Let me talk to the pharmacy manager, and I’ll call you back.


* * * * *
* * * * *
Pharmacy Manager: I’m very sorry, but we don’t have any mailers.


*
Me: Do you have envelopes?


*
Pharmacy Manager: Yes, but we can’t send pills in envelopes. Can you get to a local pharmacy if we transfer the prescription?


*
Me: Sure. Don’t have access to a car, but I can walk to the Walgreen’s on 75th.


*
Pharmacy Manager: What’s their address?


*
Me: I don’t have it – I’ve never used them, but surely they’re listed in the phone book. Do you have a phone book?


*
Pharmacy Manager: We just don’t have mailers.


*
Me: (exasperated) Forget the mailer. Do you need me to look up the address?


*
Pharmacy Manager: No, we’ll just call them.


*
*thud*
------------------------------------------------



My friend Mary Ellen wrote and said: Just read about a new book coming out. The title is: BREWED, CRUDE AND TATTOOED by Sandy Balzo. It may be noir, but the title alone got my attention!
*
Anybody read that one? Sounds kitschy. I like kitschy.
-------------------------------------------The photo of the twisters was taken in Oklahoma a couple of weeks or so ago - my friend Wendy in Yukon sent it to me. Bet those people in the cars were soiling their clothes driving into that. *shudder*

**************
Gretchen has a friend who is trying to raise money to replace her son’s upright bass that was stolen in December. If you take a look on her website (www.gretchenjones. com) you’ll see a post with the details and photos of a bunch of silver earrings that Retta is making and selling to raise money to replace the child’s instrument.

***************************************
And a final word about how important things like 7th grade grammar can become.
*
On his 74th birthday, a man got a gift certificate from his wife. The certificate paid for a visit to a medicine man living on a nearby reservation who was rumored to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction.
*
After being persuaded, he drove to the reservation, handed his ticket to the medicine man and wondered what he was in for.


*
The old man slowly, methodically produced a potion, handed it to him, and with a grip on his shoulder, warned, "This is powerful medicine and it must be respected. You take only a teaspoonful and then say '1-2-3'. When you do that, you will become more manly than you have ever been in your life and you can perform as long as you want."
*
The man was encouraged. As he walked away, he turned and asked, "How do I stop the medicine from working?"


*
"Your partner must say '1-2-3-4,'" he responded. "But when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next full moon."
*
He was very eager to see if it worked so he went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and then invited his wife to join him in the bedroom. When she came in, he took off his clothes and said, "1-2-3!"
*
Immediately, he was the manliest of men. His wife was excited and began throwing off her clothes. And then she asked, "What was the 1-2-3 for?"
*
And that, boys and girls, is why we should never end our sentences with a preposition.
*
OR ONE COULD END UP WITH A DANGLING PARTICIPLE!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you’re like me, you probably don't clean your computer screen very often and it’s difficult to do the inside, so click

here.



Have a great week.

~ Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Kate said...

but do you have mailers?

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

*snort*

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been that kind of week here too.

So, did you get your medicine?

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

yes - got my meds :)

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Hey Suns,

For April Fools I activated that screen cleaner on my co-worker's computer. When he came in, I told him it'd gotten the PugLicker Virus. He bought it! LOL.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

aaaaaahahaha - funny

that little dog is just adorable, isn't he? jess wants to get josh one.

had to read what you posted twice (should wear my glass more often) - thought you'd told him PUD licker and wouldn't have put it past you - LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks