Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day, Everyone


< ~~~ Valentine roses from #1 Son - just thought I'd share.

No serendipity writing blog today - sorry - but I'll be back in a day or two. Just have had a lot going on, lots coming up.





A friend has gifted me with a trip to EPICon in Las Vegas this year - and another friend is giving me a trip to the RT conference in Orlando. The first is in a couple of weeks, the second in about 8 weeks. Color me happy to attend both. I've never been to an Eppie conference, and I've only been to one RT (had a blast).







Winter seems to be *almost* over. Let's put it this way, the robins, geese, ducks, et al are migrating back. That said, our little light rain we were supposed to get yesterday had sleet, snow, and hail PLUS the rain - lol. I don't know if you can see the steps out back very well in this, but those little white dots are pellets of sleet. So much for light rain. We were also having low temperatures, hardly spring weather, but...oh, well.





My friend Mary Ellen has a couple of new books out. Here's the link to her website: http://www.murderexpress.net/mecooper/index.htm - and here's the cookbook I've had so much fun reading: In The Kitchen With Oklahoma First Ladies 1907-1957. Mary Ellen’s books, such as Slow Death, have been featured on A&E television programs such as Forensic Files. If you like homegrown murders (to READ, people, not to commit), give her a try. She also happens to enjoy quilting, cooking, and history, and she’s a delight to read.





Photos today are of Valentine’s Day flowers from #1 Son, as I said earlier, plus cards from son and daughter-in-law, stuffed animal & socks from DIL, card from Gretchen. Thanks, family & buddy.



I laughed till I nearly peed when I read Gretchen’s card. One lady asks another: Who are you going to celebrate Valentine’s Day with? To which her friend replies: Don’t end a sentence in a preposition. Come back inside is: Okay. Who are you going to celebrate Valentine’s Day with, bitch?





Enjoy your day. Hope your weekend includes lots of romance and warm fuzzy feelings.

~ Sunny Lyn






----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Bronwyn Green said...

Oh bother :( I won't be able to see you at RT this year, but I want you to have a margarita as big as your head for me.

I'm so glad you get to go!!! (Brynn will be there and you must meet Dakota Rebel! You'll adore her - I just know it.)

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your post n M.E. Cooper's fine books...
"Forensic Files" is NOT on A&E! It's on truTV, formerly CourtTV. (Before that it aired on TLC/Discovery, but it was called "Medical Detectives" back then)

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

(((Bron))) I'll make the sacrifice and have the margarita just for you - lol.

Bill, thanks for the correction. *g* When A&E featured something about Mary Ellen, seems it was the Carol Heller murder - think it was hosted by Bill Kurtis - and she wasn't the only author featured on that particular show.

The last show I saw her on was indeed TRU TV. THANKS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks