Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Left Behind Party

Had to text Gretchen, who is in DC at the national Romance Writers of America conference - and I'M NOT - WAAAAH - about something.

I'm the (_


(that's left behind, for those who can't figure it out).


ANYWAY...one of her side excursions while with her Kiss of Death members was to visit the FBI academy yesterday, and she got to fire a tommy gun! *sigh* There's just something about power between my legs (get your minds out of the gutters...I'm referring to a good Harley, not something with Energizer Bunny batteries) or in my hands that sends tremors all over me. I'm so jealous.


I have absolutely no information as to what's going on other than that, in case you're lurking and hoping I can drop little tidbits for you. None. Nada. As in the heifers who got to go haven't phoned or sent photos for the blog or ANYTHING. I may just have to make this shit up as I go along this week.


I do know that the sun is shining for them and that it's cool of an evening, much like it was when we were all in San Francisco last year. I know that I'm missing out on parties and drinks and smoker's porch fun (oh, wait...do I still smoke?) and gossip and hearing who did what. And I'm pretty certain that the attendees aren't having to face the innumerable transients that trod through the hotel garage last year.


Still. I miss my friends. I may just have to pull out my photos of San Francisco to keep me company this week.


Happy Tuesday, everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

I'm with you. I'm missing not being there and thinking a lot about San Francisco

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Oh, and get this, Lex - they get cool Harlequin thumb drives with free books on 'em this year.

Waaaah. I want one.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Jackie Bannon said...

I'm sorry you weren't there. I did send you pics, though it was after I got back. Met a lot of great people, and yes...there was a lot of celebration. Would have been funner with you there though. So next year, your booked because your going. Even if we have to kidnap you and sneak you in the back door!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks