Monday, June 22, 2009

It Ain't Easy Bein' Me

I love my kids - let's get that out there. Today, I'd like to whack them upside the head. Temps are supposed to hit 100 without the heat index, and I have 4 loads of whites to do (HOT water - bleach type stuff). 13 total loads. I was up until 4 am doing laundry so The Girl would have her new clothes for work. Went into their bedroom to see why she was so desperate for clothing and hauled out enough for 4 trips. So my day started off staring at...

2 loads of jeans
2 loads of whites
4 loads of colors
2 loads of towels
2 loads of sheets (white)
1 load of dog bedding

Then there's the food issue. I'm trying to lose weight (yah, who isn't, right), and I'd like nothing but a greasy cheeseburger if I can't eat a salad, but I'm flexible. #1 DIL cooks spaghetti, egg rolls, and chocolate chip cookies...all marvelous, but that's it. #1 Son is a terrific cook, but I can't convince him we're Creek & Cherokee...feather Indian, not dot. If I have to eat lamb with masalas, curries, or black cumin more than once a week, I'm gonna shove a zucchini up someone's ass.

I love doing laundry - I'm just weird like that, but 13 friggin' loads ain't my idea of a great day. I'm also trying to get The Kids into the kitchen more often. Trouble is, nobody seems to know how to load and unload the dishwasher, and then there's the food issue. Cook me a goddamned taco or burger once or twice a week if you're not into chicken salad or shrimp fettucine Alfredo. Take me to Long John Silver's or Captain D's. Arby's will do. Give me a SALAD of ANY kind. Just don't approach a semi-vegetarian with lamb very often, and lay off the friggin' spices. (We won't discuss how Mama feels about Roti or Paratha. I'd rather eat chalk.)

Ya know, what goes in must come out, and it seeps through our pores. A guy passed me on the street last week and said hello in Hindi without even looking up.

Rant over. I'm gonna make a salad with garlic bread and bone up on Italian. Isn't variety the cumin of life?

Okay, rant over. It's time to add bleach to the current wash.

See you 'round the writers' block.
~ Sunny Lyn

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Alexis Fleming said...

Mwhahahaha
Sorry, Babe, couldn't help myself.

Want to come cook for me?

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Kris Starr said...

THIRTEEN loads of laundry? Whoa... I usually do 3-4 loads a week -- and we really don't go around wearing grubbies, honest!

The "putting dishes into the dishwasher" thing drives me crazy, too. It's right there! You don't have to walk ten minutes to get to the appliance!

I'm lucky in that the DH is a good cook and we have a lot of variety. I'm not bad, just not always inspired.

It sounds like cooking classes might be in order for the kiddies...? :)

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

:P

I like curry, just not often - lol.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Gretchen said...

You need to go somewhere for about two months and let them get a big old fat clue. :) And tell them while you're gone to have a garage sale.

BTW, I'll never ever ever look at a zucchini the same way again.

gj

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a hoot! I love your rants.
They are sooooooo funny...
The way I handle it. If the granddaughter doesn't wash it she doesn't have clean clothes. And at this point she is PG so not many clothes are fitting her now.
Janet

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

oh boy, Janet - yeah, bet that inspires her a tad.

*snort* on the zucchini - ack - I did say that, didn't I?

sowwy to all zucch' lovers (me included) - I've just HAD it with the spices and lamb and the zukes just happened to be in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Total-e-bound eBooks